Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » JDT Core maven build with build-individual-bundles profile fails
JDT Core maven build with build-individual-bundles profile fails [message #1818932] Fri, 03 January 2020 00:43 Go to next message
Alex Boyko is currently offline Alex BoykoFriend
Hello,

I have cloned eclipse.jdt.core as I'd like to play with ASTParser in my my maven project dependent on org.eclipse.jdt.core maven project.

Running "mvn -P build-individual-bundles clean install" fails with an error:

[ERROR] Cannot resolve project dependencies:
[ERROR] Software being installed: org.eclipse.jdt.compiler.tool 1.2.700.qualifier
[ERROR] Missing requirement: org.eclipse.jdt.core 3.20.100.qualifier requires 'osgi.bundle; org.eclipse.core.resources [3.12.0,4.0.0)' but it could not be found
[ERROR] Cannot satisfy dependency: org.eclipse.jdt.compiler.tool 1.2.700.qualifier depends on: osgi.bundle; org.eclipse.jdt.core [3.3.0,4.0.0)
[ERROR]
[ERROR] See http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Dependency_Resolution_Troubleshooting for help.
[ERROR] Cannot resolve dependencies of MavenProject: org.eclipse.jdt:org.eclipse.jdt.compiler.tool:1.2.700-SNAPSHOT @ /Users/aboyko/git/eclipse.jdt.core/org.eclipse.jdt.compiler.tool/pom.xml: See log for details -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MavenExecutionException

Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
Re: JDT Core maven build with build-individual-bundles profile fails [message #1818939 is a reply to message #1818932] Fri, 03 January 2020 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sravan Kumar Lakkimsetti is currently offline Sravan Kumar LakkimsettiFriend
Please use "mvn -Pbuild-individual-bundles clean install". There should bot be any space between -P and profile name

Thanks
Sravan
Re: JDT Core maven build with build-individual-bundles profile fails [message #1818950 is a reply to message #1818939] Fri, 03 January 2020 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Traditionally you could play with any Eclipse plugin just by File->Import...->Plug-in Development->Plug-ins and Fragments with sources. This doesn't always work these days, but well worth a go if all you want to do is add some debug lines of code.

Often, just checking out the one project from GIT will work too, since many Eclipse projects are very 'boring' Java compiles that auto-build without trouble.

Using Maven replicates the build, but requires you to get all the developer's build infrastructure working.

(NB. Once you have finished with your clone, make sure you restart Eclipse since the incremental builder cannot always cope with reverting a user project by to an occluded installed project.)

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: JDT Core maven build with build-individual-bundles profile fails [message #1818966 is a reply to message #1818950] Fri, 03 January 2020 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have tried "mvn -Pbuild-individual-bundles clean install" (without the space) and the result is the same error. Maven cannot find "osgi.bundle; org.eclipse.core.resources [3.12.0,4.0.0)" not even sure where it looks for it as it doesn't look like a maven project hence cannot be in the local mvn repo... A plugin dependency perhaps?

I have my maven project in the workspace which i made dependent on org.eclipse.jdt.core 4.15.0-SNAPSHOT in hope that m2e will make my maven project depend on the local org.eclipse.jdt.core that sits in my workspace... but m2e for some reason doesn't understand that while other local maven dependencies from the workspace are found ok. I have added maven nature to org.eclipse.jdt.core project - didn't help...
Re: JDT Core maven build with build-individual-bundles profile fails [message #1818969 is a reply to message #1818966] Fri, 03 January 2020 17:21 Go to previous message
I got org.eclipse.jdt.core as a local dependency however org.eclipse.jdt.core depends on a number of platform plugins such as org.eclipse.runtime.core and these come fine via maven artifact dependency. I cannot make them as local maven project dependencies... hence I'm stuck with installing org.eclipse.jdt.core into my local mvn repo... and the maven build with build-individual-bundles doesn't work for me for some reason.
Previous Topic:Error when trying to run a program in Eclipse.
Next Topic:Eclipse keeps Prompting to Save As
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:40:53 GMT 2024