Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Ecore model serialization: element name replacement via ExtendedMetaData
Ecore model serialization: element name replacement via ExtendedMetaData [message #1818920] Thu, 02 January 2020 14:54 Go to next message
Robert Schulk is currently offline Robert SchulkFriend
Let's say I have an Ecore definition like this:

ClassA
-> attribute "myList": ref to EObject (0 .. *)

ClassB
-> extendedMetaData: name="ClassB_._type"

Now, I am adding some instances of ClassB to the attribute "myList" of ClassA. When I serialize this to XML, it looks as I would expect:

<classA>
    <ClassB/>
</classA>

But: if I try to load this XML, I get this exception:

org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.FeatureNotFoundException: Feature 'ReplacedName' not found.

Does anybody know how (if?) I could get this to work?

[Updated on: Thu, 02 January 2020 18:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Ecore model serialization: element name replacement via ExtendedMetaData [message #1818942 is a reply to message #1818920] Fri, 03 January 2020 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Does the resource factory used to create the resources used for loading and saving your instances look approximately like this?
	public Resource createResource(URI uri) {
		XMLResource result = new LibraryResourceImpl(uri);
		result.getDefaultSaveOptions().put(XMLResource.OPTION_EXTENDED_META_DATA, Boolean.TRUE);
		result.getDefaultLoadOptions().put(XMLResource.OPTION_EXTENDED_META_DATA, Boolean.TRUE);

result.getDefaultSaveOptions().put(XMLResource.OPTION_SCHEMA_LOCATION, Boolean.TRUE);

result.getDefaultLoadOptions().put(XMLResource.OPTION_USE_ENCODED_ATTRIBUTE_STYLE, Boolean.TRUE);
		result.getDefaultSaveOptions().put(XMLResource.OPTION_USE_ENCODED_ATTRIBUTE_STYLE, Boolean.TRUE);

result.getDefaultLoadOptions().put(XMLResource.OPTION_USE_LEXICAL_HANDLER, Boolean.TRUE);
		return result;
	}
If so, specifying kind="element" might be needed in the extended metadata annotation.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Ecore model serialization: element name replacement via ExtendedMetaData [message #1818955 is a reply to message #1818942] Fri, 03 January 2020 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I already specified the kind=element for the reference in ClassA.
But on second thought: could it be, that this concept is only allowed for FeatureMaps?

I mean, if we would have something like this:

ClassA
-> reference "myList": ref to EObject (0 .. *)
-> reference "otherList": ref to EObject (0 .. *)
ClassB
-> extendedMetaData: name="ClassB_._type"

We would never know to which reference the content belongs to, right?
Re: Ecore model serialization: element name replacement via ExtendedMetaData [message #1818980 is a reply to message #1818955] Sat, 04 January 2020 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Sorry, I didn't pay close attention to your details. Assuming this model was generated from an XML Schema, the name ClassB_._type suggests that ClassB corresponds to an anonymous complex type. So it doesn't have a name (it's anonymous) that can be validly used in an xsi:type. Also, using that name as an element name isn't sensible. Element names must always correspond to an EStructuralFeature (because they correspond to element definitions not type definitions). So if you're taking a model generated from a complex XML Schema and are making changes to that Ecore model that in combination aren't sensible , especially with regard to things like mixed content and substitution groups, it's not going to end up behaving sensibly. But in the end, I don't know the overall structure of your model and whether substitution groups are involved.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Ecore model serialization: element name replacement via ExtendedMetaData [message #1818998 is a reply to message #1818980] Sat, 04 January 2020 11:25 Go to previous message
Okay, thanks for clearing this up.
I just played around a little and inserted the ExtendedMetaData manually. Originally, I saw this in an ecore which was generated from an XSD with choice elements.
Previous Topic:EMF.Edit-based validation leads to UI freeze
Next Topic:Is it possible to generate a self contained ecore/genmodel ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:10:30 GMT 2024