Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Javascript code assist shows MISSING
Javascript code assist shows MISSING [message #1818798] Sun, 29 December 2019 06:22 Go to next message
Ei Fujioka is currently offline Ei FujiokaFriend
I have been using Zend Studio for many years but am thinking of switching to Eclipse and now I'm making sure Eclipse provides equivalent features as in Zend Studio.

I have installed Eclipse IDE for PHP Developers 2019-12 (4.14.0) and found that the code assist for Javascript does not work. It simply shows a popup with "MISSING" for any codes. For example, when I entered "document.", the popup appears with "MISSING".

The project includes Javascript Resources. In [Preferences]-[Javascript]-[Editor]-[Content Assist]-[Advanced] , the following items are checked:
Basic proposals
Generic Javascript proposals
Other Javascript proposals
Template proposals

In the project properties, Include Path to Javascript lists:
ECMAScript Built-in Library
Javascript Web Project Support
ECMA 3 Browser Support Library

I have tried to delete .metadata folder to refresh it but it didn't solve the issue.

Code assist for PHP and CSS are working fine.
Could you guide me how to fix this?

Thanks,

Re: Javascript code assist shows MISSING [message #1818815 is a reply to message #1818798] Mon, 30 December 2019 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ei Fujioka is currently offline Ei FujiokaFriend
I think this is a known bug. I found the related information at
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=504057

but still want to know if this bug will be fixed soon or since JSDT is not active, nobody will fix it? Then, should I use Wild Web Developer to make Code Assist work?
Re: Javascript code assist shows MISSING [message #1818844 is a reply to message #1818815] Mon, 30 December 2019 10:21 Go to previous message
Dawid Pakula is currently offline Dawid PakulaFriend
PDT still use JSDT for JavaScript validation/assist. They started refactoring to support ES6 and never, broke everything and mostly abandoned project. There are still some commits, but I'm not sure about future.

As far as I know, if you install Wild Web Developer, JSDT will handle assist from them. But remember that WWD require nodejs to work (it uses VSCode language servers in background).

Previous Topic:Remote Development Server - Local Configuration
Next Topic:How to run a HTML page with occasional PHP scripts?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:00:50 GMT 2024