Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Installation issues. (Difficutly installing Eclipse 2019-12 for Windows 10.)
Eclipse Installation issues. [message #1818767] Fri, 27 December 2019 18:28 Go to next message
Zahn Kenon is currently offline Zahn KenonFriend
Hello,

I'm running into an issue with installing Eclipse 2019-12 on a Windows 10 workstation. My first issue deals with the install file itself (eclipse-inst-win64.exe).

I receive an error that reads in part "The catalog could not be loaded. Please ensure that you have network access and, if needed, have configured your network proxy".

Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to reconfigure our network proxy to complete the download. Does anyone know where I can get the complete installation that doesn't require the application to reach out to the web?

Zahn
  • Attachment: Eclipse 1.png
    (Size: 26.64KB, Downloaded 247 times)
Re: Eclipse Installation issues. [message #1818771 is a reply to message #1818767] Fri, 27 December 2019 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

The Download Packages link directly under the larger Download button, to https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages , has some predecided combinations.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Eclipse Installation issues. [message #1818780 is a reply to message #1818771] Sat, 28 December 2019 07:01 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Did you try the Configure Network Proxy... button? Typically even a Browser will require you to configure the way the network is accessed and it should be possible to configure the installer the same way. And note that this does not involve reconfiguring your actual network but rather entering the information needed to access the network through the proxy.

Also note that the installer will copy these network settings to the installation it creates. If you can't get the installer configured to work, then even the package you download (via a Browser that you must have configured to access the network through the proxy) and unzip will also not have network access so you won't be able to update or install new software in that IDE, which will also be very annoying.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Launch error
Next Topic:Unwanted Hibernate Logging.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:52:01 GMT 2024