Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Saving export filename per project?
Saving export filename per project? [message #1818561] Thu, 19 December 2019 16:14 Go to next message
Ken Nischan is currently offline Ken NischanFriend
Hi. I find it rather annoying that Eclipse will just use the last path/filename when I export a jar file. I closed one project, opened another and worked on it for a bit then it's like muscle memory, I do the keyboard actions to export a jar too fast sometimes and do not notice the wrong jar is set so I end up overwriting something. Then I have to open the other project, re-export it then close and go back to what I was working on and export it properly.

Yes, I'm the problem because I'm moving too fast but I was really, really hoping maybe there was a setting or something in Eclipse to have it remember the path/filename when I export and recall it, specific to the project, the next time I export...?
Re: Saving export filename per project? [message #1818576 is a reply to message #1818561] Fri, 20 December 2019 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Sorry , I don't think there's any setting for this to remember project-specific export settings, just the most recent settings. If this is a common operation, perhaps you'd be better to create an Ant task that does it automatically each time you build or an Ant task that creates them all that you can invoke manually.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Saving export filename per project? [message #1818807 is a reply to message #1818561] Sun, 29 December 2019 17:34 Go to previous message
Craig Epstein is currently offline Craig EpsteinFriend
Ken Nischan wrote on Thu, 19 December 2019 16:14
Hi. I find it rather annoying that Eclipse will just use the last path/filename when I export a jar file. I closed one project, opened another site and worked on it for a bit then it's like muscle memory, I do the keyboard actions to export a jar too fast sometimes and do not notice the wrong jar is set so I end up overwriting something. Then I have to open the other project, re-export it then close and go back to what I was working on and export it properly.

Yes, I'm the problem because I'm moving too fast but I was really, really hoping maybe there was a setting or something in Eclipse to have it remember the path/filename when I export and recall it, specific to the project, the next time I export...?

If I'm not mistaken, there are no settings for this, you just need to work from the right project for a specific subtask.
Previous Topic:macOS High Sierra installation - hitting roadblock
Next Topic:Eclipse Reports (BIRT) Chart FAILED_TO_CREATE_INSTANCE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:56:54 GMT 2024