Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » How to remove synchronisation data on eclipse.org?
How to remove synchronisation data on eclipse.org? [message #1818394] Fri, 13 December 2019 19:10 Go to next message
Joost Kraaijeveld is currently offline Joost KraaijeveldFriend
Hi,

I it possible to remove the synchronisation data on eclipse.org?

I experimented with synchronisation between machines and workspaces but I managed to do something that results in a non-working eclipse. If I do a clean installation eclipse works OK, but after a synchronisation several CDT-related things do not work anymore (new file creation, opening C++ files, code expansion etc).

I I can't remove the data, is it possible to overwrite the data somehow?

TIA

Joost

Cheers,

Joost
Re: How to remove synchronisation data on eclipse.org? [message #1818399 is a reply to message #1818394] Sat, 14 December 2019 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
I haven't looked at the preference synchronization in quite a while. But I think you can disable it for your machine/user by opening the following file:

${user.home}/.eclipse/org.eclipse.oomph.setup.sync/sync.properties

There, set the following property:

sync.enabled=false

Does that work?

Re: How to remove synchronisation data on eclipse.org? [message #1818400 is a reply to message #1818399] Sat, 14 December 2019 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply. That works, but it does not solve my whole problem .

Whenever I re-enable the synchronisation Eclipse downloads the data from eclipse.org , applies it an I am stuck with a non-working Eclipse again. So I assume that the data from eclipse.org is corrupted/misconfigured somehow. But I cannot figure out how to replace/remove that data.

TIA

Joost

Cheers,

Joost
Re: How to remove synchronisation data on eclipse.org? [message #1818411 is a reply to message #1818400] Sat, 14 December 2019 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It appears that the web site has this page to manage the USS data: https://accounts.eclipse.org/users/{user-id}/storage
Mine is empty, but I think you should be able to see your data there and somehow delete it?

Re: How to remove synchronisation data on eclipse.org? [message #1818413 is a reply to message #1818411] Sat, 14 December 2019 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mmm. That places says: "You do not have any Eclipse USS data associated with your account." But there is definitely data transfer between 2 computers. The (wrong) settings go from one to the other computer. Reinstalling and not synchronise is the solution so far. Bummer.

Cheers,

Joost
Re: How to remove synchronisation data on eclipse.org? [message #1818415 is a reply to message #1818413] Sun, 15 December 2019 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's possible that the "You do not have any Eclipse USS data associated with your account." statement is bogus. I asked the webmasters: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=558327

Re: How to remove synchronisation data on eclipse.org? [message #1818465 is a reply to message #1818415] Mon, 16 December 2019 20:38 Go to previous message
Hi Eike,

I have seen the report and the actions by Christopher Guindon. Thanks, the both of you. Great work.

Groeten

Joost

Cheers,

Joost
Previous Topic:Need help in Oomph
Next Topic:Error installing 2019-6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:12:08 GMT 2024