Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Issue of edges having same target when the target nodes have same name
Issue of edges having same target when the target nodes have same name [message #1818214] Tue, 10 December 2019 10:04 Go to next message
Prajna VGFriend
Hi all,

I have created two containers as below:

Element1 with one bordered node with name AB .
Element2 with two bordered nodes with same name A1 and A1.

I can connect from Element1's bordered nodes to Element2's bordered nodes.

I connected from AB to first A1 and AB to second A1.

index.php/fa/36937/0/

It is connected properly. But when I close and open the eclipse , if the diagram is saved and opened, in diagram the two edges are connected to same A1.

index.php/fa/36938/0/

The target bordered nodes are two different objects with same name. But I am not getting why the edge target is same only when I close and open the eclipse.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 December 2019 10:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Issue of edges having same target when the target nodes have same name [message #1818216 is a reply to message #1818214] Tue, 10 December 2019 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Hi,

One possible explanation is that the "two different objects with same name" actually have more than the same name, but also the same id, if in your metamodel the "name" attribute has id=true. In this case when the model is serialized by EMF both objects will have the exact same URI, so when it is reloaded back in memory EMF resolves both references to "the element with id A1" to the same instance and has no possibility to distinguish them.

If that is the case you should be able to confirm it by opening your semantic model with a non-Sirius editor (the default tree-based EMF editor for example) and inspect how the references were resolved.

Regards,
Pierre-Charles

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Issue of edges having same target when the target nodes have same name [message #1818261 is a reply to message #1818216] Wed, 11 December 2019 06:58 Go to previous message
Prajna VGFriend
Thank you Pierre for the reply. The "name" attribute has id=false.
Previous Topic:Container resize issue
Next Topic:Domain Model for creating a modelling workbench in Sirius
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:24:29 GMT 2024