Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Can we support both an LS and Eclipse Workbench at the same time?
Can we support both an LS and Eclipse Workbench at the same time? [message #1818188] Tue, 10 December 2019 02:02 Go to next message
Maged Elaasar is currently offline Maged ElaasarFriend
I like to develop both an Eclipse workbench and a language server for my Xtext language. In the latter, I also like to develop a graphical notation with Sprotty. Is this doable with the same project code?

I noticed that in your Xtext with Sprotty examples, you make modifications to the IDE plugin that will not compile with an Tycho build, especially when developing a diagram server with Sprotty (I think there is no eclipse plugin version of that library?).

If the IDE plugin has to diverge for both cases, is there a way to have two separate IDE projects (one for each case)but reuse the same DSL project? Can the same MWE2 generate two IDE projects?

Otherwise, is there an easy way to isolate the sprotty code to another project that gets built only by Gradle with the LS? The main issue is when you create the Guice injector in the MyDslIdeSetup class, and mix in the DaigramModule.

Thanks for the insights in advance.

Maged Elaasar

[Updated on: Tue, 10 December 2019 02:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can we support both an LS and Eclipse Workbench at the same time? [message #1818191 is a reply to message #1818188] Tue, 10 December 2019 05:41 Go to previous message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
i have doubts anyone involved with sprotty reads here

there is the possibility to use considerPomDependencies in tycho too.
so depending on what you are doing (dont know which sprotty code you refer to)
that might be an option if you guard the code that it works in eclipse which should work as the ide module is not used)

you can always move the ls stuff to a separate (gradle) module/project.
the file that influences what the ls finds / starts is
org.xtext.example.mydsl.ide/src-gen/META-INF/services/org.eclipse.xtext.ISetup
so if you dont package this in mydsl.ide and package a similar file in a MyDslIdeCustom project/setup
then you should be fine

you could also try to use separate source folders in the same project but i have no idea what you are exactly doing

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Previous Topic:Xtext/Xcore/Tycho dependencies
Next Topic:Yacc to Xtext
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:03:59 GMT 2024