Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Javascript Project
Javascript Project [message #1818186] Mon, 09 December 2019 20:49 Go to next message
Gabriele Lecci is currently offline Gabriele LecciFriend
First of all, I'm glad to join this community, so hi everybody!!
When I open a new javascript project i have to put into the project folder(app) the other folder manually(css, js, lib, modules).
How can i avoid this tedious practice?
Re: Javascript Project [message #1818223 is a reply to message #1818186] Tue, 10 December 2019 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Emmanuel Chebbi is currently offline Emmanuel ChebbiFriend
Hi,

I am not used to JavaScript development so I'm not sure to understand what is your problem here. You would expect the css, js, lib and modules folders to be created automatically within the project, that's it? If the "New JavaScript Project" wizard does not propose this feature I don't think there is a way to automate it. That being said you could create a template project already setup and then import it into the workspace (File > Import > Existing Project > check "Copy into workspace") & rename it.

I am aware that's not the solution you'd like, but that's the closest I can think of. You may have better anwsers by asking on the Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) forum.
Re: Javascript Project [message #1818254 is a reply to message #1818223] Wed, 11 December 2019 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johnn Apoliyo is currently offline Johnn ApoliyoFriend
Hi there! I'm stuck worser than that. Eclipse PDT (PHP dev tool) seems not to have support for javascript code. So I got to guess every single property/method to be put in ....
I noticed that there is a "javascript eclipse bundle" or smthng ... Do I have to make another install? Php, html and js should be all in the same package, aren't they?

Pls, help! Thx.
Re: Javascript Project [message #1818262 is a reply to message #1818254] Wed, 11 December 2019 07:01 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
You can use Help -> Install New Software to install support for additional features. Likely a site such as http://download.eclipse.org/releases/2019-09 is in the drop-down choices and you'll want to install JavaScript Development Tools.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Exporting project to runnable JAR
Next Topic:C++ project - get code size of functions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:15:39 GMT 2024