Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Domain Model for creating a modelling workbench in Sirius
Domain Model for creating a modelling workbench in Sirius [message #1818174] Mon, 09 December 2019 11:43 Go to next message
Clever Alves is currently offline Clever AlvesFriend
Hi!

I'd built the Ecore model below, generated its source code and launched a runtime to use its concepts (A, B, etc). In such a new environment, I've created a modelling project and selected my Ecore model in "Example EMF Model Creation Wizards". However, I'm not able to add elements to such a generated model in the tree editor...The drop-down menu starts with "Undo", rather than "New Child", it happens for all elements taken as root (i.e. A, B, etc. I'd like to see what's illustrated for the element/concept "Family" in the example below). I'd appreciate very much if someone could give me any clue on how to solve it out, I'm a beginner user of EMF's tools...

index.php/fa/36930/0/

index.php/fa/36931/0/

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,

Clever.
  • Attachment: image.png
    (Size: 12.98KB, Downloaded 300 times)
  • Attachment: Untitled.png
    (Size: 65.32KB, Downloaded 573 times)
Re: Domain Model for creating a modelling workbench in Sirius [message #1818199 is a reply to message #1818174] Tue, 10 December 2019 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Hi,

This is more of an EMF than Sirius question, but it looks like your metamodel does not define any containment relationship. Whichever type you chose as your root element in the model ccreation wizard, the metamodel definition does not allow it to contain anything, so it is normal that the EMF-generated editor and menus do not offer anything.

The simplest workaround if you do not care particularly about containment would be to create a single "wrapper" type to serve as the root of your models which can contain any number of "Element", and create an empty interface/abstract class "Element" that all your other classes inherit from.

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Domain Model for creating a modelling workbench in Sirius [message #1818298 is a reply to message #1818199] Thu, 12 December 2019 05:26 Go to previous message
Clever Alves is currently offline Clever AlvesFriend
Thank you for your reply, Pierre!

Quote:
metamodel does not define any containment relationship

You're right, that was the problem indeed!

I'm now facing the following issue: Why does my modelling project (plug-in) have "0.1.0.qualifier" while its .edit and .editor plug-ins have "1.0.0.qualifier"?

Why does my viewpoint specification Project's MANIFEST.MF file's Overview section's version field brings "1.0.0.qualifier" and doesn't accept a manual change to "0.1.0.qualifier" (a big red exclamation point appears next to the folder icon of the project when I try to do so)?

index.php/fa/36962/0/

I think such a mismatch prevents my diagram to display the instances of the classes contained in my model so that my diagram gets completely empty...

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,

Clever.

• Attachment: Untitled.png
    (Size: 191.55KB, Downloaded 243 times)
Previous Topic:Issue of edges having same target when the target nodes have same name
Next Topic:How to get Object of Navigation tool dialog
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:45:00 GMT 2024