Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Integrating QT with Eclipse
Integrating QT with Eclipse [message #1817941] Tue, 03 December 2019 12:23 Go to next message
Mihnea-Costache Marin is currently offline Mihnea-Costache MarinFriend
Hello,

I have an Eclipse plugin and a QT app. Would it be possible to integrate inside the plugin? Meaning, the plugin can send/receive info from the app and vice-versa.

Thank you!
Re: Integrating QT with Eclipse [message #1818083 is a reply to message #1817941] Thu, 05 December 2019 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolf Theunissen is currently offline Rolf TheunissenFriend
I don't know what you mean by 'send/receive info', but it should be theoretically possible to embed a QT app in a SWT widget. I don't have an answer how this exactly works, use your favorite search engine with 'embed into SWT'.

This is somewhat similar to how AWT can be embedded in SWT too, see SWT_AWT class.
See also https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=244723
Re: Integrating QT with Eclipse [message #1818085 is a reply to message #1818083] Thu, 05 December 2019 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mihnea-Costache Marin is currently offline Mihnea-Costache MarinFriend
Hi,

What I mean by 'send/receive info' is the ability to communicate back-and-forth between the Eclipse plugin and the QT application.

Eclipse -> QT example: I have an SWT Gui with a button. When pressed, it should communicate to QT that the button was pressed and the QT app should perform an action.

QT -> Eclipse: Same as above

Would this be possible? Spent a lot of time researching, but did not manage to find anything useful

Thank you!
Re: Integrating QT with Eclipse [message #1818089 is a reply to message #1818085] Thu, 05 December 2019 12:30 Go to previous message
Rolf Theunissen is currently offline Rolf TheunissenFriend
If it are two independent applications, you are searching for something called Inter Process Communication (IPC) or Remote Procedure Calls (RPC). There are many solutions for that, but most involve opening a socket connection between the processes and receiving messages on that.
I don't know which protocol suits best to communicate between QT and Eclipse.

Maybe you are looking for something similar to Eclim http://eclim.org/index.html
Previous Topic:REST client within plugin
Next Topic:Setting the correct build configuration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:10:29 GMT 2024