Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Can't reference to an EClass which is not Composed of Root EClass
Can't reference to an EClass which is not Composed of Root EClass [message #1817769] Thu, 28 November 2019 20:41 Go to next message
Burak Karaduman is currently offline Burak KaradumanFriend
Dear All,

I have the following meta-model (a piece of it.)

index.php/fa/36859/0/

I can easily reference the Indirect E-Class since it is composed of the Root EClass named Design. Also, I can easily add it to my design and its icon showed. So there is no problem with instantiating this E-Class.

index.php/fa/36860/0/

However, I cant reference to my Port E-Class. It is composed of Indirect E-Class. When I Cntrl+space nothing happens. I think that somehow I have to access to Indirect element etc. I tried to use PIM::Indirect::Port .. However, it is not accepted.

What should I do?

Thanks.

[Updated on: Sat, 30 November 2019 08:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can't reference to an EClass which is not Composed of Root EClass [message #1817835 is a reply to message #1817769] Sat, 30 November 2019 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please little help...
Re: Can't reference to an EClass which is not Composed of Root EClass [message #1817837 is a reply to message #1817835] Sat, 30 November 2019 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

If your question was intelligible, I might try to answer. I suspect that you are using words in a non-standard way. Particularly confusing is that you appear to be asking a purely Ecore question on the Sirius newsgroup.

Try attaching the model on which you fail to perform some sequence of editing commands, and providing a precise sequence of the commands that do not do what you expect.

Regards

Ed Willink

[Updated on: Sat, 30 November 2019 13:40]

Re: Can't reference to an EClass which is not Composed of Root EClass [message #1817841 is a reply to message #1817837] Sat, 30 November 2019 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Ed,

This problem occurs during the concreate design of my project. As the above figure describes, EClass named Port's instances cannot be referenced. Therefore, Even if it appears in the palette, when it is placed in the modeling environment of Sirius it does not appear, nothing happends. On the other hand, Indirect Eclass' instances can be appear in Sirius palette. So i am assuming that Indirect is composed of Root therefore it could be referenced. However, Port instanced cannot be instanciated since it is composed of Indirect. So how can we to solve this problem? Is it because of Sirius or ECore?
Re: Can't reference to an EClass which is not Composed of Root EClass [message #1817844 is a reply to message #1817841] Sat, 30 November 2019 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Again: Hi

If your question was intelligible, I might try to answer. I suspect that you are using words in a non-standard way. Particularly confusing is that you appear to be asking a purely Ecore question on the Sirius newsgroup.

Try attaching the model on which you fail to perform some sequence of editing commands, and providing a precise sequence of the commands that do not do what you expect.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Can't reference to an EClass which is not Composed of Root EClass [message #1817853 is a reply to message #1817844] Sun, 01 December 2019 09:08 Go to previous message
Dear Ed,

I have found the solution to my problem. Thanks for your help. Your method really led me to find the solution.

The solution was simply about the Sirius. In Sirius, if you have a leveled composition relation then you have to use the same hierarchy while defining change context and create an instance. So to produce port instances, you must define the port's change context and create instance's as a child of the Indirect's ones.

[Updated on: Sun, 01 December 2019 09:08]

Previous Topic:I can´t create Relationship edge
Next Topic:Transition class for State-machine diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:58:21 GMT 2024