Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Resource filter doesn't activate for archive projects(Importing existing archive projects into the workspace using Standard workbench wizard doesn't instantiate the ResourceFilter's that are stored in the project description.)
Resource filter doesn't activate for archive projects [message #1817659] Wed, 27 November 2019 11:19 Go to next message
Naveen R is currently offline Naveen RFriend
Steps to reproduce:
1. Use File > Import and then invoke "Existing project into workspace"
2. In the Standard workbench wizard select the projectFromArchiveRadio button.
3. Select the archive project "JavaExampleProject" file that was archive from the file system and perform finish

Observed behavior:
The Imported archive project will include all the ResourceFilter's file system objects[Folder/Files] stored in the project description.
i.e after importing "JavaExampleProject" the "res" folder will also be imported to the workbench.

Expected behavior:
The Imported archive project should not include ResourceFilter's file system objects[Folder/Files] stored in the project description.
i.e after importing "JavaExampleProject" the "res" folder should not be imported to the workbench.
Re: Resource filter doesn't activate for archive projects [message #1817868 is a reply to message #1817659] Mon, 02 December 2019 04:40 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I tried your project and indeed initially it showed the res folder, but as soon as I brought up the properties view to look at the filters for that project, it disappeared. Trying a second time, I just did a Refresh on the project and that too made the res folder disappear. It would be best to open a Bugzilla report, though it seems a minor issue and you could exclude the res folder from the zip itself...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Eclipse Java Luna SR2-Amazon Corretto-Windows 10
Next Topic:Replacement for Action Set Part Association ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:30:26 GMT 2024