Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Eclipse keeps Prompting to Save As(Prompt says the original file has been deleted or inaccessible)
Eclipse keeps Prompting to Save As [message #1817568] Tue, 26 November 2019 03:06 Go to next message
Brandon Lehman is currently offline Brandon LehmanFriend
I have a Java file, that has existed on my disk and in a git repository for a while. Every time I make an edit and then Save, Eclipse prompts me with the Save As dialog saying that "The original file...has been deleted or is not accessible". When I click OK to complete the Save As, I then get a prompt to "replace the existing file".

I check the file in a Windows Explorer window and it definitely exists, and is not Read Only. I check the git repository and it also exists there with no restrictions.

I have tried removing the file from my disk totally and re-pulling the file from the server with no luck. I'm at my wit's end with things to try. It's not stopping me from developing but just annoying. Can anyone think of something I am not? Thanks in advance!
Re: Eclipse keeps Prompting to Save As [message #1819023 is a reply to message #1817568] Sun, 05 January 2020 08:30 Go to previous message
Sheikh Jk is currently offline Sheikh JkFriend
Brandon Lehman wrote on Tue, 26 November 2019 03:06
I have a Java file, that has existed on my disk and in a git repository for a while. Every time I make an edit and then Save, Eclipse prompts me with the Save As dialog saying that "The original file...has been deleted or is not accessible". When I click OK to complete the Save As, I then get a prompt to "replace the existing file".

I check the file in a Windows Explorer window and it definitely exists, and is not Read Only. I check the git repository and it also exists there with no restrictions.

I have tried removing the file from my disk totally and re-pulling the file from the server with no luck. I'm at my wit's end with things to try. It's not stopping me from developing but just annoying. Can anyone think of something I am not? Thanks in advance!

I tried using the modelling accelerator vidmate "Interfaces From allocated Functions", with no sucess so far. I have 2 components (let's say A and B) linked by a component exchange, in which several functional exchange were added. I tried to select only those 2 components before running the modelling accelerator, but it didn't work neither.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 April 2021 10:17]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:JDT Core maven build with build-individual-bundles profile fails
Next Topic:Problem | "JRE Oracle Corporation/13.0.1 is not supported, advanced source lookup disabled.&quo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:58:35 GMT 2024