Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » How to unit test diagram related operations ?
How to unit test diagram related operations ? [message #1817442] Fri, 22 November 2019 09:13 Go to next message
Mehdi Belatrous is currently offline Mehdi BelatrousFriend
Hi everyone,
I'm currently trying to test (with JUnit) a Capella viewpoint code. For example, I want to test below method.
ExecutionManager manager = Utils.getExecutionManager(eObject);
manager.execute(new AbstractReadWriteCommand(){
	@Override
	public void run() {
		componentExchange.getAppliedPropertyValues().add(except);
		resource.getContents().add((EObject) except);
	}
});

However this test will fail because ExecutionManager is null since no Sirius session is loaded and no diagram is open. Searching Eclipse Sirius forum I found this topic advising to make test class extend SiriusDiagramTestCase. So I installed Sirius test suite and did so. However though I understand that setup and genericSetup method are the keys, I dont know how to properly use them (mine just hang up indefinitly) and I searched a bit in Sirius tests but could not find suitable code.

Can someone point me in the right direction ? Thanks in advance for any help.
Re: How to unit test diagram related operations ? [message #1817585 is a reply to message #1817442] Tue, 26 November 2019 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Barbin is currently offline Florian BarbinFriend
Hi,

Capella has its own JUnit test framework where most of the tests inherit from org.polarsys.capella.test.framework.api.BasicTestCase. (directly or indirectly). The capella framework will offer you specific API since the Sirius test framework is more generic.

You should take a look in the Capella repository: https://git.polarsys.org/c/capella/capella.git/

Regards,

Florian
Re: How to unit test diagram related operations ? [message #1818037 is a reply to message #1817585] Wed, 04 December 2019 15:01 Go to previous message
Mehdi Belatrous is currently offline Mehdi BelatrousFriend
Hello Florian and thank you for your indications. However digging through Capella Test Suite just got me even more confused. For example I see that the common testing pattern seems to create some test cases which extend the BasicTestCase class, register these cases in some test suites, all this inside an Eclipse Plugin. I suppose that these suites are called using an Eclipse Application Run/Debug configuration which loads a Capella instance. So my question is :

Did I did get this right and is this structure mandatory ? (TestCase + TestSuite + Eclipse Plugin + Eclipse Application). Because for non-diagram operation I could run my test using JUnit debug configurations.

Should all tests be in a dedicated plugin containing a "model" folder with .aird and .melodymeller files ?

Thanks for your help.

[Updated on: Wed, 04 December 2019 15:05]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Sirius 0.9 install problem on Kepler
Next Topic:How to add SessionWrapper/ViewHelper extensions to handle custom tree elements
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:51:47 GMT 2024