Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Secondary IDs broken?(Views with Secondary IDs recreated instead of reused on perspective change)
Secondary IDs broken? [message #1817286] Wed, 20 November 2019 00:45 Go to next message
Mark Allan is currently offline Mark AllanFriend
In all of the 2019 releases of Eclipse, perspective switching in my application has been broken because Views with the same secondary id are not being reused when the perspective changes - a new View is created for each perspective. This is different behavior than previous releases (Oxygen and earlier, not sure about Photon or the 2018 releases) - I believe the expected behavior is that if you define a secondary id for a View and reference the same secondary id in multiple perspectives, the same instance of that View should be reused in each perspective.

Singleton views (i.e. no secondary id and "allowMultiple" is false) are correctly being reused when the perspective changes.

Is this change in behavior expected, or is it a bug? It's a waste of memory and resources, and it is breaking a couple of my Views that expect to only have a single instance of a view with a unique secondary id.

Thanks
-Mark
Re: Secondary IDs broken? [message #1817405 is a reply to message #1817286] Thu, 21 November 2019 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolf Theunissen is currently offline Rolf TheunissenFriend
This is a bug, secondary id should be respected. Please create a bug report on https://bugs.eclipse.org/.
Re: Secondary IDs broken? [message #1817564 is a reply to message #1817405] Mon, 25 November 2019 23:16 Go to previous message
Mark Allan is currently offline Mark AllanFriend
Thanks - I did submit a bug report about this on Sept 17:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=551171
There hasn't been any activity or response
Previous Topic:Eclipse 4 RCP Plugin. Programmatically import projects
Next Topic:Strange Menu Drawing Behavior With Exported RCP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:11:56 GMT 2024