Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Launch Task not found after git import
Launch Task not found after git import [message #1817183] Mon, 18 November 2019 08:09 Go to next message
Arnaud MERGEY is currently offline Arnaud MERGEYFriend
Hello,

I think I initially post this question in wrong community, sorry for that.

I have a launch config (in External Tools) saved as a .launch in project.

Among other things, my oomph setup is supposed to checkout and import this project from git and launch this config.

On a fresh install, when the setup is importing the project from git the very first time, setup is failing claiming the launch config does not exist, but when I launch again the oomph setup, then it works.

I tried to configure a Projects Build task before launch task, but still have this issue.

Is it something known ? and is there a way to workaround it ?

Thanks,

Arnaud
Re: Launch Task not found after git import [message #1817188 is a reply to message #1817183] Mon, 18 November 2019 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
So the launch task still ends up before the build task despite the order in the setup? I wouldn't typically expect that, but tasks do have priorities and that can and does affect the actual final order...

For your launch task, you could use the properties view and enable "Show Advanced Properties". Here there are properties for Predecessors and Successors which you can use to impose additional ordering constraints. But in other places such as here:

https://git.eclipse.org/c/emf-parsley/org.eclipse.emf-parsley.git/plain/devtools/org.eclipse.emf.parsley.oomph/EMFParsley.setup

I see they have project import task followed by a build task followed by a launch task and in the outline preview I can see the order is as expected...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Launch Task not found after git import [message #1817200 is a reply to message #1817188] Mon, 18 November 2019 13:45 Go to previous message
Arnaud MERGEY is currently offline Arnaud MERGEYFriend
Got it thanks ! Order was the one expected, but in my Build task, build was set as false, only refresh was set as true (I do not really need project to be built)
If I set build as true, launch task is executed ok, even the first time.
Thanks,
Arnaud

[Updated on: Mon, 18 November 2019 13:46]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How do I redirect to a product catalog in GIT?
Next Topic:Oomph preference recorder : plugin_customization.ini does not accept ${eclipse_home}
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:30:13 GMT 2024