Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Map in model and code generation
Map in model and code generation [message #1816990] Wed, 13 November 2019 13:19 Go to next message
Yoann Farré is currently offline Yoann FarréFriend
Hello everyone,

I have a question about "map" collections. Currently, to generate a compiling code for a map, I use the stereotype "External" on a class which has a name like :
std::map<std::string, std::function<void(my_type)>>

and add "map" in the fields of the stereotype to allow the use of map type.
But this is strongly correlated to the use of C++ language for code generation.

Now, since a previous patch of Papyrus Software Designer, we are able to generate a list with undefined size for example thanks to the use of multiplicity (*) in combination with "ListHint" stereotype and it works pretty well. This avoids the use of type like this : std::vector<std::string> . Should maps be managed by a similar way? What should be the correct way to model (and generate the code) for a map?

Thanks.

Yoann.

Re: Map in model and code generation [message #1816997 is a reply to message #1816990] Wed, 13 November 2019 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephen Blackwell is currently offline Stephen BlackwellFriend
Yoann,
If I'm understanding you correctly, it looks like we are both trying to do something similar. See my question here https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1101227/
If you replace my "GenericArray" from my example with "map" and add two template parameters to the template signature, say S and T, then replace "AdddressArray" with you own type, myTemplateType, bind std::string to S and std::function<void(my_type)> to T in the template binding connection, and create a variable "myTemplateType myVar", then when you generate the code you should get a typedef myTemplateType map<std::string, std::function<void(my_type)>

At least that's how I think it works but I'm having difficulties adding the template parameters.
Let me know if you make any progress.

Steve
Re: Map in model and code generation [message #1817020 is a reply to message #1816997] Thu, 14 November 2019 08:04 Go to previous message
Yoann Farré is currently offline Yoann FarréFriend
Hello Stephen,

I didn't try the approach that you describe in your post but it's maybe the good way for a generic way of this question. I'll try and give you some return in case of success or any progress.

Thanks.

Yoann.
Previous Topic:Problem with Papyrus Compare and an embedded profile?
Next Topic:AssociationClass link disappearing on digrams
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:20:55 GMT 2024