Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » RAP and SWT and Sirius(How to create and Eclipse with RAP + SWT + Sirius)
RAP and SWT and Sirius [message #1816950] Tue, 12 November 2019 18:35 Go to next message
antonio guillen is currently offline antonio guillenFriend
Hi all,

I cannot use SWT in a RAP application because the IDE Eclipse for RCP and RAP doesn't contains the good plugins. How Can I generate a version with all the plugins for these.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Re: RAP and SWT and Sirius [message #1816972 is a reply to message #1816950] Wed, 13 November 2019 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi,

RAP port of SWT widgets are located in "org.eclipse.rap.rwt" bundle. You have to use this bundle instead of "org.eclipse.swt".
When start working with RAP your first step is to install RAP Runtime target platform [1].

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/rap/downloads/

Best regards,
Ivan
Re: RAP and SWT and Sirius [message #1816976 is a reply to message #1816950] Wed, 13 November 2019 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vincenzo Caselli is currently offline Vincenzo CaselliFriend

Hi Antonio,
keep in mind that RAP porting of SWT is not a 100% porting.
You will find several API and/or classes missing: this is normal, behaviours of a desktop library are not identical to those of a web interface.
Since Sirius is in the title of your post I suppose you are trying to create/port a Sirius application on the web with RAP, which I don't think is a straightforward task.
In the past I was able to use GEF on RAP, but for instance I couldn't do it with Graphiti,
Things might be changed since then, but graphic libraries are often a hard task to deal with, especially trying to use desktop-based APIs like those of SWT.
Sirius team itself is porting it to the web with different approaches, see here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LQ7MKXKH-I&list=PLy7t4z5SYNaT_yo5Dhajb9i-Pf0LbQ3z8&index=12&t=31s

HTH
Vincenzo
Re: RAP and SWT and Sirius [message #1816982 is a reply to message #1816972] Wed, 13 November 2019 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ivan and Vincenzo,

Thanks a lot for your remarks. I have solved the pb.

Now Just a last question, with your remarks I imagine that it's not possible using rwt/swt in RAP to embed a Sing component in a swt.Composite??? Have you information on this.

Thanks a lot

Antonio
Re: RAP and SWT and Sirius [message #1816983 is a reply to message #1816982] Wed, 13 November 2019 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Antonio,
if you are referring to Swing (but I read 'Sing' in your message) I can say that yes: it is possible to embed a Swing component into an SWT one.
I did it in a true SWT desktop application in the past, but couldn't say if this would work also for a RAP application.
Re: RAP and SWT and Sirius [message #1817023 is a reply to message #1816983] Thu, 14 November 2019 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Vincenzo and Ivan

I know that using SWT_AWT on a desktop it's possible to embed a Swing panel in a composite, my question is in a RAP dev iti's this still possible?

If not will try to use GEF tools but now GEF is developed using JavaFX, and i think that RAP and JavaFX are not compatible, it's true?

Regards

Antonio
Re: RAP and SWT and Sirius [message #1817053 is a reply to message #1817023] Thu, 14 November 2019 17:49 Go to previous message

Hi Antonio,
sorry, I cannot help: I've never tried RAP + Swing or JavaFX.
Previous Topic:Error on Custom Variant for Grid
Next Topic:Text control for dates
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:38:28 GMT 2024