Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPF » Composer is down again(Should site be restored .)
Composer is down again [message #1816634] Sat, 02 November 2019 00:14 Go to next message
Bob Palank is currently offline Bob PalankFriend
Which of these seems true?
a. There is little or no interest in EPF Composer.
b. Given the work that went into this project, it ought to be visible.
c. The wise user would not use EPF Composer, instead ???? would be used.
Comments invited.
Re: Composer is down again [message #1816678 is a reply to message #1816634] Mon, 04 November 2019 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ismael Olea is currently offline Ismael OleaFriend

My experience in the last year is seems to be not a big user base but from time to time you find in the web relevant methods made with the tool. So yes, maybe in a micro-niche but the tool is absolutely relevant. That's why I'm trying to help a bit to the project. And I don't know any opensource tool able to do what Composer does.

OTOH, you titled the post «Composer is down again». I'm checking https://www.eclipse.org/epf/ is up at expected. What problem do you have found?
Re: Composer is down again [message #1816690 is a reply to message #1816678] Tue, 05 November 2019 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Palank is currently offline Bob PalankFriend
I recall that epf.eclipse.org/ worked before.
Re: Composer is down again [message #1816727 is a reply to message #1816690] Tue, 05 November 2019 16:57 Go to previous message
Ismael Olea is currently offline Ismael OleaFriend

Bob Palank wrote on Tue, 05 November 2019 07:22
I recall that epf.eclipse.org/ worked before.

As far as I see at the Wayback Machine the last time that server was recorded online was March 2018.

The process to recover the service is up, but yes, it's taking more time than I expected, as you can check at bugzilla.

OTOH there are some advances. Now we have a testing system available at http://epfw.olea.org/. Would be great if all of you people give it a try. As far the Eclipse Foundation sets up our new virtual machine seems we could recover the service.

Feel free to DM me if you want.
Previous Topic:Current EPF Composer Usage
Next Topic:EPF Composer in AMASS Platform
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:05:41 GMT 2024