Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Minor Designer issue
Minor Designer issue [message #1816438] Tue, 29 October 2019 13:50 Go to next message
Stephen Blackwell is currently offline Stephen BlackwellFriend
So I decided to run through my C++ HelloWorld example (https://wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus/Codegen/CppHelloWorld#Create_The_Model) with the latest version of Papyrus since I hadn't looked at it in two years.

I need to make a couple of tweaks but it is still fairly accurate.

One thing I did notice is that when I try to create the main() function (Add the Code, para 2), I could not add a line break. I had to write the main() function all one one line.
This is not a show stopper because I could use the C/C++ view add the code there but it does seem like a minor bug.
Ansgar?

Papyrus version 4.5.0.201909110825 on Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS.

Steve
Re: Minor Designer issue [message #1816533 is a reply to message #1816438] Wed, 30 October 2019 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Hi Stephen,

you are right. This is a regression inside Papyrus (i.e. not specific for SW designer) - it's not possible to enter multi-line fields for string attributes in the profile tab of the property view. As far as I see this has not been reported yet, so please create a bug.

Btw, in addition to the C/C++ view, there is now (using the nightly update site for SW designer) also a C/C++ tab in the property view (see attached screenshot). but it only supports a subset of options that are available via the C/C++ view or the profile tab.

Ansgar
Re: Minor Designer issue [message #1816539 is a reply to message #1816533] Wed, 30 October 2019 17:48 Go to previous message
Stephen Blackwell is currently offline Stephen BlackwellFriend
Bug created: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=552576
Previous Topic:Palette Customization
Next Topic:Adding Container To Class Diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:07:24 GMT 2024