Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Error while creating an Acceleo project
Error while creating an Acceleo project [message #1816314] Sat, 26 October 2019 12:56 Go to next message
rima learnerinf is currently offline rima learnerinfFriend
index.php/fa/36641/0/Hi,
I followed the Acceleo tutorial below to write my first project in Acceleo
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Acceleo/Getting_Started
I followed all the instructions and i did all necessary modifications in the manifeste and generate.java files.

I tried first to generate an simple file containing the name of my model and a simple text " I hope it works". The file is generated correctly.

It seems that every think is OK but i still have an error message , i can't understand why i have such error.

Hoping to find an explanation for this error before i start writting my templates.

Thanks in advance
Best regards
Rimaindex.php/fa/36641/0/
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 87.02KB, Downloaded 557 times)
Re: Error while creating an Acceleo project [message #1816323 is a reply to message #1816314] Sun, 27 October 2019 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Acceleo's support page for the best forum to use for asking questions about it:

https://www.eclipse.org/acceleo/support.html

Your screen captures show logged errors, but it's not clear that those actually came from generating with Acceleo or from something else you did at some historical point in time. I'm sure anyone following up on your question will ask the see the full stack trace recorded with that error log entry; you can capture that by double clicking on the log entry and using the upper right tool button to copy the details to the system clipboard.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Error while creating an Acceleo project [message #1816377 is a reply to message #1816323] Mon, 28 October 2019 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rima learnerinf is currently offline rima learnerinfFriend
Hello Ed Merks,
Thanks for the reply,
I noticed that when i use Java strategy for the generation i have no errors but when i use Acceleo Plug in strategy i have errors, below is the full stack trace recorded with the errors log entries :
eclipse.buildId=4.11.0.I20190307-0500
java.version=11.0.2
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=fr_FR
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product

org.eclipse.debug.core
Error
Mon Oct 28 18:03:03 GMT+01:00 2019
Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.debug.core".

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.acceleo.internal.ide.ui.debug.model.AcceleoProcess.getAttribute(AcceleoProcess.java:56)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.LaunchingPlugin.deleteProcessTempFiles(LaunchingPlugin.java:1211)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.LaunchingPlugin.handleDebugEvents(LaunchingPlugin.java:1203)
at org.eclipse.debug.core.DebugPlugin$EventNotifier.run(DebugPlugin.java:1137)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:45)
at org.eclipse.debug.core.DebugPlugin$EventNotifier.dispatch(DebugPlugin.java:1171)
at org.eclipse.debug.core.DebugPlugin$EventDispatchJob.run(DebugPlugin.java:444)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=4.11.0.I20190307-0500
java.version=11.0.2
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=fr_FR
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product

org.eclipse.debug.core
Error
Mon Oct 28 18:03:03 GMT+01:00 2019
Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.debug.core".

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.acceleo.internal.ide.ui.debug.model.AcceleoProcess.getAttribute(AcceleoProcess.java:56)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.LaunchingPlugin.deleteProcessTempFiles(LaunchingPlugin.java:1211)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.LaunchingPlugin.handleDebugEvents(LaunchingPlugin.java:1203)
at org.eclipse.debug.core.DebugPlugin$EventNotifier.run(DebugPlugin.java:1137)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:45)
at org.eclipse.debug.core.DebugPlugin$EventNotifier.dispatch(DebugPlugin.java:1171)
at org.eclipse.debug.core.DebugPlugin$EventDispatchJob.run(DebugPlugin.java:444)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Best regards

• Attachment: error1.txt
    (Size: 1.18KB, Downloaded 83 times)
  • Attachment: error2.txt
    (Size: 1.18KB, Downloaded 65 times)
Re: Error while creating an Acceleo project [message #1816403 is a reply to message #1816377] Tue, 29 October 2019 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I'd suggest creating a Bugzilla report.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Error while creating an Acceleo project [message #1816424 is a reply to message #1816403] Tue, 29 October 2019 10:23 Go to previous message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
Ed, Could there be a problem with attempting to run a 32-bit piece of code?

--

Tauno Voipio
Previous Topic:Eclipse RCP -Change Observer Pattern to Event Driven Pattern
Next Topic:Eclipse Startup Exception (PartInitException)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:15:03 GMT 2024