Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Creating composite diagrams
Creating composite diagrams [message #1816310] Sat, 26 October 2019 07:48 Go to next message
Avi Shaked is currently offline Avi ShakedFriend
Hi,

I am interested in creating a composite diagram, which includes hierarchies of elements.

My model has components that are composed of lower level components. I want to be able to show both "parent" components and their "children" components in the same diagram, with the children and their related edges being shown within the parent component. Also, if there are edges from a child to a component that is a sybling of the parent component, I want those to appear as well.

I have tried containers with free-form arrangements, but they seem to only show the component blocks and not the edges.

I'm attaching a image of the representation I'm wish to achieve.

Any advice?

In the image, you can also see another aspect I'm interested in showing: the red edge represents an interaction between components that emerges from the interaction of their subcomponents (but not predefined). If you have any idea about implementing this as well, it would be much appreciated.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Avi
Re: Creating composite diagrams [message #1816333 is a reply to message #1816310] Sun, 27 October 2019 18:04 Go to previous message
Avi Shaked is currently offline Avi ShakedFriend
Hi,

I've already found the solution by myself (apparently, all I needed was to enable the same edges for container types).

Previous Topic:Sequence diagram with Sirius
Next Topic:Creating views for diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:12:19 GMT 2024