Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to add multiple e-mail addresses to eclipse.org profile?(multipel e-mail addresses / ECA validation)
How to add multiple e-mail addresses to eclipse.org profile? [message #1816083] Sun, 20 October 2019 15:52 Go to next message
Harald Welte is currently offline Harald WelteFriend

Hi!

I am using multiple different e-mail addresses (depending on the project) and am facing the problem that the eclipse.org account only knows one of them. This leads to problems with ECA validation, as all commits from secondary e-mail addresses are not associated with the profile, and hence the logic assumes I haven't signed the contributor agreement.

Please let me know how to add secondary e-mail addresses to eclipse.org.

Thanks!
Re: How to add multiple e-mail addresses to eclipse.org profile? [message #1816084 is a reply to message #1816083] Sun, 20 October 2019 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Harald Welte is currently offline Harald WelteFriend

Actually, adding multiple e-mail addresses to the eclipse.org gerrit installation is broken, too. I've done this successfully with other gerrit deployments before.

I'm receiving the confirmation e-mails to all secondary e-mail accounts, but the links (even when copy+pasted) always solicit an "invalid token" error message from git.eclipse.org.
Re: How to add multiple e-mail addresses to eclipse.org profile? [message #1816089 is a reply to message #1816084] Sun, 20 October 2019 18:41 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

I'm not a lawyer, but you should be using a single one--either your own or that of your approving employer. Are the different addresses just a way of filtering emails into different email folders?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:RCP Eclipse Plugin running as Eclipse Application, but Export into running Host makes no changes
Next Topic:inquiry about integration with GitHub Enterprise
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:26:04 GMT 2024