Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Adding a block as <<part>> in an IBD(Adding a block as <<part>> in an IBD)
Adding a block as <<part>> in an IBD [message #1815838] Fri, 11 October 2019 23:06 Go to next message
Ali  Momeni is currently offline Ali MomeniFriend
Hello!

I'm following this tutorial to try to create an IBD that shows the relationship among parts inside a block:
Video title: "120a Internal Structure of a Microwave Oven"
(I can not include a link in this post as I'm a new user)

In this video, when a Block is dragged into the diagram from the Model Explorer, a contextual menu offers two options:
- Create New Part
- Create New Reference

The right choice for my task is "Create New Part".

However, in my version of Eclipse/Papyrus (Eclipse Papyrus 2019-09 (4.5.X)), when I drag a block in the contextual menu shows different options:
- Drop as nested type on classifier
- Drop type as typed property
- Drop as Port
- Change the Default Strategy

I have tried all options but non produce an instance of the block as a part within this IBD.

What am I doing wrong?

Ali
Re: Adding a block as <<part>> in an IBD [message #1816119 is a reply to message #1815838] Mon, 21 October 2019 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pauline Deville is currently offline Pauline DevilleFriend
Hello,

It seems that it is a known bug [1]. The solution to create a part from an existing Block is to use the palette by creating a new Part then in the pop up which appear you should select the "Type selection mode" radio button and select this type.

HTH,
Best Regards,
Pauline

1: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=476515
Re: Adding a block as <<part>> in an IBD [message #1816878 is a reply to message #1816119] Sun, 10 November 2019 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ali  Momeni is currently offline Ali MomeniFriend
Hello!

When I do as you see, I'm still seeing my block instance in the IBD as a property; it does not look like a block with <<block>> at the top, and with attributes, operations and flows and such.
It loos like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7nsbap7nrswygcu/Screenshot%202019-11-09%2017.59.19.png?dl=0

Any ideas?
Re: Adding a block as <<part>> in an IBD [message #1817247 is a reply to message #1816878] Tue, 19 November 2019 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pauline Deville is currently offline Pauline DevilleFriend
Hello,

It seems that I didn't understand what you want, I was thinking that like in the video you mention (2'20) you want to create a new Part typed by a Block.

Now I understand that you want a Block. In this IBD diagram you can only see one block with its internal definition.

However in the IBD diagram you still can display the internal structure of the Block typing the Part by making a right click on the Part and select Filter -> Show/Hide Compartments and select the internal structure compartment.

Does that answer your question ?

Best regards,
Pauline
Re: Adding a block as <<part>> in an IBD [message #1818166 is a reply to message #1817247] Mon, 09 December 2019 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jb tw is currently offline jb twFriend
I follow the same tutorial and i run also in the same issue.

I have created a figure what shows the difference between the behaviour from the video and the behaviour in two different workflows(?):

• drage and drop and select "... typed property"
  • create new part from palet and choose "type selection mode" (as explained here in this topic)

In both cases it is a 'property' and not a 'part'.
index.php/fa/36928/0/
Re: Adding a block as <<part>> in an IBD [message #1820549 is a reply to message #1818166] Wed, 22 January 2020 15:32 Go to previous message
jb tw is currently offline jb twFriend
I tested today Eclipse Papyrus 4.6.0 2019-12. It is not resolved yet.

I get this two options
index.php/fa/37217/0/

does anybody know a workaround for this?
Previous Topic:How to put Integer default value to null
Next Topic:InstanceSpecification link end names
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 22:54:39 GMT 2024