Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » RCP Eclipse Plugin running as Eclipse Application, but Export into running Host makes no changes(I want to find the reason, why Eclispe Application worked and an Export does not work.)
RCP Eclipse Plugin running as Eclipse Application, but Export into running Host makes no changes [message #1815762] Thu, 10 October 2019 05:42 Go to next message
Kurt Ostwald is currently offline Kurt OstwaldFriend
My problem is that my Eclipse plugin works in the intern starting Eclipse Application well. But when I Export this plugin into Running Host my Context entries are not shown. When I look at installed Software I find my plugin. What I´m doing wrong?
I use Eclipse for enterprise Java Developer Version: 2019-09 R (4.13.0)
And Eclipse for Eclipse Committers Version: 2019-09 R (4.13.0)

The contextmenu of run as Eclipse Application. This workes fine:
Sorry im not allowed to include image Links as newbe Look next post to EAContextMenu

Also the preferences are woring right, in run as Eclipse App:
Look next Post: EAPreferences

Now the time is coming to export this plugin:
Export... -> Deployable plug-ins and fragments -> check my Plugin-Project
Install into running host. Repository:
C:/workspace EE/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/install/
After restart I can not see the Contextmenu-entry or the preference-page...
The installation details show the plugin.
Look next Post: InstalationDatails.png

What do I wrong? Where is the Problem? Please check the uploaded plugin.xml.

I got since a month following Validation Message, when I run as Eclipse Application: Is this the Problem? How to solve it?
Look next Post: ValidationwhenstartingEclipseApplication.png

Thanks for your time and help.

Greetings
Kurt Ostwald

Need you more or other files? write me.
Re: RCP Eclipse Plugin running as Eclipse Application, but Export into running Host makes no changes [message #1815782 is a reply to message #1815762] Thu, 10 October 2019 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
The plugin.xml is missing from your bin includes in the builds.property. I don't see the MANIFEST.MF specified either. Look closely at the jar(s) you've exported to be sure the right things are there. Here's how one of my build.properties looks for one of my plugins:
output.. = bin/
bin.includes = plugin.xml,\
               META-INF/,\
               .,\
               about.html,\
               plugin.properties,\
               model/,\
               about.ini,\
               about.mappings,\
               about.properties,\
               oomph32.png
Of course this is a model plugin with branding, so you'll not have all these things, but the plugin.xml, the META-INF folder and the "." are important.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: RCP Eclipse Plugin running as Eclipse Application, but Export into running Host makes no changes [message #1815787 is a reply to message #1815782] Thu, 10 October 2019 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Really Thank you at first.

I uploaded my Manifest.MF you want to see.

The first result is good. The Preference Page work great! The Context-menu has now strange entrys, but our too. Now the sub-entries are missing.
 http://flussmark.de/testifi/img/runningHost1.png

how the context-menu look in run as Eclipse Application:
 http://flussmark.de/testifi/img/EAContextMenue.png

I got since a month following Validation Message, when I run as Eclipse Application: Is this a Problem?
 http://flussmark.de/testifi/img/ValidationwhenstartingEclipseApplication.png

I thank you for your help again
Kurt Ostwald
  • Attachment: MANIFEST.MF
    (Size: 2.54KB, Downloaded 119 times)
Re: RCP Eclipse Plugin running as Eclipse Application, but Export into running Host makes no changes [message #1815788 is a reply to message #1815787] Thu, 10 October 2019 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
In the launch configuration (on the Plug-ins tab you can specify what exactly is included in the launch. By default it included everything. You might want to reduce that. You can Validate here as well before you launch; often it's a matter of including only subset of the things available, but restricting that subset can be rather tedious. Given you didn't expand the tree in the Validation dialog image, it's hard to comment on what specifically it's complaining about.

As to missing submenu items in your exported plugins, there's no enough details to guess. Make sure all you build.properties of all your plugins are complete.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: RCP Eclipse Plugin running as Eclipse Application, but Export into running Host makes no changes [message #1816006 is a reply to message #1815788] Thu, 17 October 2019 06:31 Go to previous message
Hi Ed Merks, Problem solved, thank you again.

I have created a new Plugin-Project and transfer all important things. Now it works in Run as Eclipse Application and as Exported Repository, at long last...
So the Problem is some where deep in the old big Project.

this Lines in the plugin.xml was a great help to understood, where the Problem seems to be:
bin.includes = plugin.xml,\
META-INF/,\
.,\

Nice regards too all
Kurt
Previous Topic:Variable Error during compiling
Next Topic:How to add multiple e-mail addresses to eclipse.org profile?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:12:15 GMT 2024