Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Setting up Eclipse to debug PHP (with WAMP & Xdebug) for Joomla! and web applications
Setting up Eclipse to debug PHP (with WAMP & Xdebug) for Joomla! and web applications [message #1815657] Tue, 08 October 2019 04:58 Go to next message
DI V is currently offline DI VFriend
Apologies for cross-posting.

I have posted a query at https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1815656/ regarding setting up Eclipse to debug PHP (with WAMP & Xdebug) for Joomla! and web applications.

I was confused about the correct port settings, the ability of Eclipse to find my Xdebug installation, and the correct option(s) to specify to run or debug a PHP file.

After my initial post I was wondering whether maybe the run/debug options I chose before were inappropriate for PHP wrapped in HTML. I had not initially chosen "Run As > PHP Web Application", because my test file is not much more than a hello-world example -- nothing that I would have normally thought of as a full-blown "application". [EDIT: It seems that in previous releases of Eclipse the equivalent command was named "Run As > PHP Web Page".]
But when I view the Eclipse help at 'Working with the Debugger' it seems I don't need to do anything special merely because my PHP code is wrapped in HTML, as per the helpfile example at 'Debugger Code (Local)'.

I'd appreciate any advice on what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong. Please refer to original post for full background details.

--DIV

[Updated on: Wed, 09 October 2019 06:13]

Report message to a moderator

Confirming the debugger that is operating [message #1815659 is a reply to message #1815657] Tue, 08 October 2019 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW, now that my debugging seems to be working (because it hit the breakpoints), how can I check whether it is using the Xdebug debugger or the local debugger?
The Eclipse help indicates that "Run As"/"Debug As" > "PHP Web Application" needs either Xdebug or Zend Debugger, but local "CLI" (Command Line Interface???) debugging uses Eclipse PDT's "internal debugger".
--DIV

[Updated on: Tue, 08 October 2019 05:20]

Report message to a moderator

"Browser Output" view [message #1815662 is a reply to message #1815659] Tue, 08 October 2019 05:18 Go to previous message
The PHP "Browser Output" View doesn't update when I run or debug the text file. (My test file includes generation of random numbers to help see this. Please refer to attachments.)

On the other hand, the Editor view of http://localhost:8080/TestABC/testIndex.php does update when I choose "Run As > PHP Web Application". But not when I choose "Run As > PHP CLI Application".
Previous Topic:Occasional Internal Server Error
Next Topic: I want to enable .php_cs.dist
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:35:57 GMT 2024