Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Kura on Raspberry Pi 4
Kura on Raspberry Pi 4 [message #1815524] Fri, 04 October 2019 07:22 Go to next message
Vito Scornavacche is currently offline Vito ScornavaccheFriend
Hi all,

have someone of you guys successfully tried to install Kura on a Raspberry Pi 4?

I know that it is not officially supported, but maybe there is a way to do it anyway.
Re: Kura on Raspberry Pi 4 [message #1818670 is a reply to message #1815524] Sun, 22 December 2019 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joachim Kroeger is currently offline Joachim KroegerFriend
Hello Vito,

I got it running. Because I am a newbie to Kura, it was a very long way....
Basically you need a recent raspbian buster and then fetch the latest kura, I used 4.1.
After installation, your network is scrambled, Kura takes it all. It sets the IP address static and other changes.
By calling localhost://kura presents the login in a browser and you fix the network to get internet/intranet access using their web interface.
So, you see, a desktop on the raspberry is highly useful, for this job. I attached a HDMI display, mouse, keyboard. In order to develop anything, it is nice to see anything directly. I observe /var/log/kura.log and restart kura to debug using my remote eclipse. The osgi terminal console is essential, too. I am working on the BLE technology.

My impression is: great technology, poor support in this forum. Why ?

Who says, the PI4 is not supported?
Greetings,
Joachim
Re: Kura on Raspberry Pi 4 [message #1819008 is a reply to message #1818670] Sat, 04 January 2020 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi Joachim,
thank you for your feedback.

There is no official and specific profile for pi 4 but since the operating system is the same, there should be no real difference compared to the previous versions of Raspberry.

As you have noticed, Kura is also a network manager so it tries to manage it. By default, the policy is to act as a DHCP client and, in most deployments, it should not change anything after the installation and reboot.

Did you notice something that needs to be improved in the documentation?
Any feedback is more than welcome as it can help us to improve and can help the project to improve as well.

Best regards,
Matteo
Re: Kura on Raspberry Pi 4 [message #1834489 is a reply to message #1819008] Wed, 11 November 2020 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vijayakumar masilamani is currently offline vijayakumar masilamaniFriend
Hi i installed kura on raspberry pi 4 it totally scrambled network i am not able to resolve it. Is there is any official release for raspberry pi 4 is available if it is not then tell me how to resolve network error
Re: Kura on Raspberry Pi 4 [message #1834512 is a reply to message #1834489] Wed, 11 November 2020 15:46 Go to previous message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi, can you please detail the setup, how you were connected to the raspberry and the tests you did?

If property installed, Kura setups the ethernet port as DHCP client and creates a wi-fi hotspot from the wi-fi interface.

Best regards,
Matteo
Previous Topic:Kura unset emulator
Next Topic:Kura Oomph Installation not possible: Unable to read repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:02:30 GMT 2024