Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EMF Forms] Showing reference value from another EObject in a Table Control(Does EMF Forms support showing a value from another entity in a view within a table control ?)
[EMF Forms] Showing reference value from another EObject in a Table Control [message #1815385] Wed, 02 October 2019 05:06 Go to next message
Alexandra Tritean is currently offline Alexandra TriteanFriend
Hello,

Does EMF Forms support showing a value from another entity in a view within a table control?

From the example project:
Show a TableControl in the UsersGroup view that list the tasks from the Task entity.

Can anyone point me to an example?

Thank you!

[Updated on: Wed, 02 October 2019 09:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [EMF Forms] Showing reference value from another EObject in a Table Control [message #1815395 is a reply to message #1815385] Wed, 02 October 2019 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonas Helming is currently offline Jonas HelmingFriend
Hi,

I am not sure, if I understand your question correctly. You can show entities, which are referenced in a table. There is no reference from UserGroup to Task, though. But you could show the "Users" of a user group in a table.
Does that make sense?

Best regards,
Jonas

--
Jonas Helming
Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: [EMF Forms] Showing reference value from another EObject in a Table Control [message #1815398 is a reply to message #1815395] Wed, 02 October 2019 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Maybe I was not clear with my question, I'm sorry for that.

I was wondering if it's possible to access a 'hierarchy' of references.

Indeed, there is no reference from UserGroup to Task, but is there any way in which is possible to 'navigate' from UserGroup to Task through the users reference (having in mind that a User has a reference to tasks)?

Thank you!

[Updated on: Wed, 02 October 2019 12:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [EMF Forms] Showing reference value from another EObject in a Table Control [message #1815410 is a reply to message #1815398] Wed, 02 October 2019 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To be even more explicit, I was thinking at the following example:
A TableControl in which the first column is UserGroup:name, the second column is the User:firstname and the third column is the Task:name.

Kind Regards,

Alexandra
Re: [EMF Forms] Showing reference value from another EObject in a Table Control [message #1815667 is a reply to message #1815410] Tue, 08 October 2019 07:54 Go to previous message
Jonas Helming is currently offline Jonas HelmingFriend
Hi,

so in general, you can extend those tables very easily to show any kind of data you want. I am still not sure, if I understand your case, though. The first column is UserGroup:name. In the second, you want to display User:name, but there can be an arbitrary number of users per user group. The example confuses me even more, if you want to display Task:name in the third columns, because there is an arbitrary number of tasks per user. Maybe I still not get what you want, sorry for that! :-)

Best regards,
Jonas

--
Jonas Helming
Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Previous Topic:[EMF Facet] On the immediate future of the EMF Facet project
Next Topic:[Edapt] ClassCastException when migrating models with InstanceClassName-attributes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:58:31 GMT 2024