Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Advanced Scripting Environment (EASE) » Sending Arguments to Python Script
Sending Arguments to Python Script [message #1815333] Mon, 30 September 2019 21:51 Go to next message
Vahid Azhari is currently offline Vahid AzhariFriend
I would like my pyhton EASE script to accept arguments. I've tried two approaches but did not work:

- Used x=input() which caused the script to block indefinitely
- Ased Run Configurations and added script arguments but did not show up on my sys.argv list

Please advise.

Thank you
Re: Sending Arguments to Python Script [message #1815442 is a reply to message #1815333] Wed, 02 October 2019 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Pontesegger is currently offline Christian PonteseggerFriend
AFAIK from the py4j implementation we currently do not support script parameters. reason is that we actually do need to add parameters when firing up python to start the py4j bridge. I remember that we discussed some time ago if we can monkey patch user parameters back in, but to my knowledge this was never tried/implemented.

Christian
Re: Sending Arguments to Python Script [message #1815610 is a reply to message #1815442] Mon, 07 October 2019 08:03 Go to previous message
Christian Pontesegger is currently offline Christian PonteseggerFriend
Had a look at this today and fixed it:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=551825

In older versions you could already query the global variable argv which get automatically populated with your script arguments
Previous Topic:How to debug Python script launched from Java
Next Topic:@WrapToScript inspect environment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:13:21 GMT 2024