Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to manage icons at model generation in EMF(manage icons in EMF)
How to manage icons at model generation in EMF [message #1815230] Fri, 27 September 2019 14:41 Go to next message
Matthieu Benvenuti is currently offline Matthieu BenvenutiFriend
Hello,

I have .ecore model done but I want now to set icons to the classes.

I see in EMF that there is an "Image" property in each class that we can set to true or false but it provides a generic icon.

Is it possible in EMF to set images to classes before doing a "Generate all" of the model ?

I know that it's possible to change the getImage() method in each generated java class with the annotation "@generated NOT" but now I'm look for a way to centralize the icon management.

What is the proper way of doing it ?

Thank you for your help.
Re: How to manage icons at model generation in EMF [message #1815260 is a reply to message #1815230] Sat, 28 September 2019 02:37 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It's best to use the EMF forum for questions about EMF:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=108

Rather than changing the location/name of the image and needing to change the code to refer to that location, one generally just replaces the generated image with your own image. The generator will not re-generate an image if a file already exists at the expected location.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Quick windows delay
Next Topic:Missing Dependencies when installing via Eclipse Marketplace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 03:31:23 GMT 2024