Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Ecore Generate Problem by creating EMF Project(Ecore, Genmodel, EMF)
Ecore Generate Problem by creating EMF Project [message #1815223] Fri, 27 September 2019 13:11 Go to next message
Hoang Tran is currently offline Hoang TranFriend
So I am pretty new to this topic. My goal is to generate a code from .ecore datas. So I try to create a new EMF Project. I have some .ecore datas and when I try to load some .ecore datas in ModelURIs I received the following problems: Problems were detected while validating and converting Ecore models. The features 'eAllSuperTypes' of 'org.eclipse.emf.ecore.imp.EClassImpl... contains an unresolved proxy 'org.eclipse.emf.ecore.im' Do you know what is that for a problem and help me to generate the .ecore to Java code?
Re: Ecore Generate Problem by creating EMF Project [message #1815436 is a reply to message #1815223] Wed, 02 October 2019 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I'd have to see the actual contents of Action.ecore. The URIs being used are kind of horrible to read with all the encoded spaces. Where did the *.ecore come from?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Ecore Generate Problem by creating EMF Project [message #1815464 is a reply to message #1815436] Thu, 03 October 2019 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

You appear to be trying to create an EMF project from a multi-file *.ecore and the truncated error messages appear to indicate that a supertype cannot be resolved, probably because EMF does not copy the closure of all referenced files to your new project. This seems correct since some files should probably not be copied.

I suggest creating an empty EMF project then manually copying the *.ecore files that you require.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Ecore Generate Problem by creating EMF Project [message #1815467 is a reply to message #1815464] Thu, 03 October 2019 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What the wizard copies (or not) is determined later in the wizard. At this point the wizard will load all the specified resources and will of course resolve all proxies, and if that fails, the errors are displayed. Later in the wizard one can decide for which models to reuse an existing GenPackage; only the models that don't reuse an existing GenPackage will be copied.

I asked to see at least one of the files, because the problem is most definitely an issue how one resource references another. Are they using relative references? Is the reference resource really at that location? Moving/coping the resources manually is not likely to help fix such a problem and is more likely to result in copies where reuse is more appropriate.

Ed Merks
Re: Ecore Generate Problem by creating EMF Project [message #1815468 is a reply to message #1815467] Thu, 03 October 2019 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hoang Tran is currently offline Hoang TranFriend
Thanks for all of your replies. Here are the .ecore Datas.
Re: Ecore Generate Problem by creating EMF Project [message #1815473 is a reply to message #1815468] Thu, 03 October 2019 09:39 Go to previous message
Your models contain references like this:

platform:/plugin/org.polarsys.kitalpha.emde/model/eMDE.ecore#//ExtensibleElement

Those will only work (resolve) if this model's generated plugin is installed in the IDE in which you are trying to load this model.

Ed Merks
Previous Topic:Too many constants, the constant pool for AlgoIQPackage would exceed 65536 entries
Next Topic:change recorder error eliminateEmptyChanges()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:47:35 GMT 2024