Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Quick windows delay (Quick windows close immediately (e.g. Quick type hierarchy) )
Quick windows delay [message #1815209] Fri, 27 September 2019 07:26 Go to next message
Gianluca De Vecchi is currently offline Gianluca De VecchiFriend
Hi everybody,
Since some days I have a strange behavior. When I open the Quick Type Hierarchy (Ctrl + T) or the Quick Helper for errors (that which shows for example suggested imports), the window, after appearing for a while, self-closes immediately, without allowing to select the possible options . I have different instances of Eclipse and different versions and I haven't changed any settings of them. Is it possible to set a delay for showing these popups in Eclipse itself? Maybe this delay time is inherited from the system ( just a guess, I have Windows 10) ? And if yes how?
Thank you for any hint.
Re: Quick windows delay [message #1815225 is a reply to message #1815209] Fri, 27 September 2019 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It should only go away if focus goes to something else explicitly, e.g., clicking somewhere else, so there's no preference to make it not do that because it should just not do that. All your Eclipse's behave this way? It seems as if something must be "stealing" the focus. Where does focus end up? Back in the editor?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Quick windows delay [message #1815229 is a reply to message #1815225] Fri, 27 September 2019 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ed,
yes, I point the mouse for example to a class name, then ctrl + T... the popup shows me the correct type hierarchy of that class, but just for a while it closes itself immediately, going back to editor with the mouse still pointing to the class name. Yes, it happens for 3 Eclipse instances which are different versions. I start them in clean mode, changed workspace, and erase the .eclipse folder in my user folder...nothing has helped.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 September 2019 14:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Quick windows delay [message #1815232 is a reply to message #1815229] Fri, 27 September 2019 15:33 Go to previous message
Solved. It was running behind the scenes ESSO LM for SSO. Time to time, maybe every 2 hours, the popup come out, I just disabled it. I have to thank you Ed, because you helped me a lot when you told me that there was something else running on the side. Then I excluded other options. Thanks!!
Previous Topic:MDB takes exactly 2 minutes to read JMS message
Next Topic:How to manage icons at model generation in EMF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:48:01 GMT 2024