Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Ability to pull from multiple repos seems to have been removed
Ability to pull from multiple repos seems to have been removed [message #1815127] Wed, 25 September 2019 17:22 Go to next message
scott johnson is currently offline scott johnsonFriend
Hi, I just recently updated to the latest version of Egit and I used to be able to highlight multiple repos and then right click and pull from all of them.

That functionality is no longer there. Or at least it's no longer a right click option anymore. Is there another way to pull from multiple repos or can this be added back?
Re: Ability to pull from multiple repos seems to have been removed [message #1815190 is a reply to message #1815127] Fri, 27 September 2019 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I'm definitely using the latest version of EGit in multiple different IDEs and they all still support pulling multiple repos at once from the context menu, when my selection is a repository-only selection. Are you sure your problem isn't cause by your selection containing "children" nodes of the repos rather than just the repos themselves?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Ability to pull from multiple repos seems to have been removed [message #1815191 is a reply to message #1815190] Fri, 27 September 2019 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Note that I noticed that if I have children selected and then I do a collapse all on the view, the context menu doesn't support pulling multiple repos, i.e., it's as if it doesn't update the selection to be only the selection that I actually see in the IDE but rather the selection that was effective before the collapse all. Maybe that's what's causing your issue...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Ability to pull from multiple repos seems to have been removed [message #1815330 is a reply to message #1815191] Mon, 30 September 2019 18:33 Go to previous message
scott johnson is currently offline scott johnsonFriend
No, unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the problem. Or at least if I close the children, then select multiple repos I still don't get the "pull" context menu choice like I did before.

I have a screen snaptshot but it doesn't look like this forum supports adding inline or attached images.
Previous Topic:What are the default configuration for gc
Next Topic:Username/password popup despite SSH2 auth set up
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:30:59 GMT 2024