Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » "split-window" commands in Emacs+ no longer work in 2019-09
"split-window" commands in Emacs+ no longer work in 2019-09 [message #1814839] Thu, 19 September 2019 19:49
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
I know that the Eclipse platform is not responsible for the operation of plugins they don't maintain. I'm just trying to see if I can get some help to understand why a function in a plugin no longer works anymore. I would ask the plugin author, but unfortunately, he has stopped maintaining it, so the users are on their own. I did manage to fix one bug in the plugin in my local copy, so it's in the realm of possibilities that I could fix this.

The Emacs+ plugin has "split-window-{horizontally,vertically}" functions. They are like the "Toggle Split Editor" functions, but they're more powerful, as they allow splitting a window into more than two subwindows. The "toggle" functions do exactly that.

After upgrading from 2019-06 to 2019-09, these functions do nothing. There's nothing in the log, they just do nothing.

I could use any substantive hints on this. If you wanted to look at the plugin source, it's at https://github.com/MulgaSoft/e4macs .
Previous Topic:Content Assist doesn't work
Next Topic:Proxy / SSL problems with update sites
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 19:41:32 GMT 2024