Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Need help in MARTE
Need help in MARTE [message #1814647] Sun, 15 September 2019 21:05 Go to next message
Doaa Dorgham is currently offline Doaa DorghamFriend
Hi,
I have a problem in using papyrus MARTE, I searched for manual but I can't find one, or to be accurate I found a link on the site https://www.eclipse.org/papyrus/components/marte/1.2.2/user/index.html (The user guide could be downloaded as a pdf here) but error "404 File not found" was the answer, as shown in the file attached.

MARTE it is not easy at all for me and I really need help.

Help me please if you can
Thanks and regards
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 32.10KB, Downloaded 87 times)
Re: Need help in MARTE [message #1815053 is a reply to message #1814647] Tue, 24 September 2019 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Hi,

the link that you mention is part of a generated page that had the same structure for all papyrus components. As far as I know the user guide does not exist.
Did you check-out the MARTE tutorial here?
Re: Need help in MARTE [message #1815174 is a reply to message #1815053] Thu, 26 September 2019 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your reply
I have checked the link you have me ... it is very helpful in understanding MRTE itself but not the plug in and how to use it to enter the values.
I wish I can find someone from the creators of the plugin to help me understand it.
Regards
Re: Need help in MARTE [message #1815214 is a reply to message #1815174] Fri, 27 September 2019 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Very basic instructions: apply the MARTE (sub-) profiles that you need via apply registered profile.
Working in all papyrus versions: use the property view / profile tab to apply the MARTE stereotypes that you need. Stereotype attribute values can be modified via the property tab as well. Use MARTE VSL syntax depending on the attribute type, e.g. "{value = 10, unit = ms}" for 10ms.
You can control the visibility of stereotypes/stereotype attributes on diagram elements via the appearance tab in the property view.

Please note that the palette that allowed you to directly add stereotyped elements is working until Eclipse oxygen, since the Papyrus Palette customization changed since.
Please also note that we will probably release a new version with better usability for current Papyrus release in the future (can't give a date).
Re: Need help in MARTE [message #1815288 is a reply to message #1815214] Sun, 29 September 2019 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks again for your help
I'm using eclipse neon.1 (4.6.1M20160907-1200) because after finishing the UML diagrams with performance analysis I'd like to use DICE to make a simulation and I read that DICE works only with neon.1
Re: Need help in MARTE [message #1816085 is a reply to message #1815288] Sun, 20 October 2019 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm trying to enter Msg size in this way {msgSize=(40,KB)} but it is not working,
validation error appears as shown in the attached image.
and all other values I'm trying to input ends with the same errors
please help me in finding the mistake

• Attachment: error.PNG
    (Size: 20.55KB, Downloaded 81 times)
  • Attachment: msgSize.PNG
    (Size: 4.24KB, Downloaded 67 times)

[Updated on: Mon, 21 October 2019 14:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need help in MARTE [message #1816375 is a reply to message #1814647] Mon, 28 October 2019 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smaoui asma is currently offline smaoui asmaFriend
Hello,

I advice you to use the nightly version of the marte profile available here :

https://hudson.eclipse.org/papyrus/job/papyrus-marte-oxygen/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/releng/org.eclipse.papyrus.marte.p2/target/repository/

to overcome some validation errors problems (as you mentioned in your attachement).

Asma
Re: Need help in MARTE [message #1816712 is a reply to message #1816375] Tue, 05 November 2019 12:36 Go to previous message
Yoann Farré is currently offline Yoann FarréFriend
Hello,

To continue this discussion, is there a recent release of Marte profile? I currently use the "last successful build" but I would use a "fix" update site for a target definition.

Regards.

Yoann.
Previous Topic:on the Navigation context menu
Next Topic:Automatic stereotype application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:07:12 GMT 2024