Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Eclipse Layout Kernel » ELK Use with GmF(How to Include elk in Project )
ELK Use with GmF [message #1814519] Thu, 12 September 2019 14:39 Go to next message
othman bo is currently offline othman boFriend
Hi,

i have diagrams based on gmf and draw2d objects, i am having difficulties including elk correctly into my project,
There is an already implemented version for gmf from Uni kiel in Germany
https://github.com/eclipse/elk [is plugin org.eclipse.elk.conn.gmf the only relevant plugin in this case]
The instaliation of elk in eclipse is a simple matter, but adding the plugin i need is tricky as well as multiple contradictory Extention points because even after spending hours adjusting code i am still getting ERROR no layout connector available for (IWorkbenchPart )name.
But the documentation is very lacking as well as my experience in RCP.

Any input appreciated.
Re: ELK Use with GmF [message #1814731 is a reply to message #1814519] Tue, 17 September 2019 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miro Spönemann is currently offline Miro SpönemannFriend

Have you followed the documentation?

https://www.eclipse.org/elk/documentation/tooldevelopers/usingeclipselayout/connectingtoelk.html
Re: ELK Use with GmF [message #1814747 is a reply to message #1814731] Tue, 17 September 2019 11:35 Go to previous message
othman bo is currently offline othman boFriend
Yes sir I did multiple times even. And i used the already written org.eclipse.elk.conn.emf plugin where those functions from the documentation that need implementation are already there. I have an already finished project with diagram.ui and wanted to at least see the layout view of ELK. From documentation it says that Calling DiagramLayoutEngine.invokelayout() is the step to take to connect with Layout view.
I have copied org.eclipse.elk.conn.gmf/org.eclipse.elk.core/org.eclipse.elk.core.ui/org.eclipse.core.service/org.eclipse.elk.graph and adapted the plugins in my project.
What am i missing ?
Should they be added as plugins or maven modules?
Thanks.
Previous Topic:How to avoid edge overlap
Next Topic:Overlapping edges with straight edges in Layered Algorithm
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:38:52 GMT 2024