Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » How to include EMF Forms into the workbench editor
How to include EMF Forms into the workbench editor [message #1814333] Mon, 09 September 2019 14:35 Go to next message
Weser Linux is currently offline Weser LinuxFriend
Hi Everybody

I have made an EMF Forms example which includes the model with the corresponding EMF Forms into a Eclipse SWT application through a view. This works. The Project Explorer gives the option to create a new model element, with the forms the visible in the view.

I'm also able to create a simple RCP (e3) and empty project through the new plugin project wizard.

Now I would like to combine the empty RCP application with my EMF Forms. I want to put my EMF Forms into the Workbench Editor and still want to create the New model element within the Project Explorer. With this, I assume to have all chance to adapt the toolbars and menus.

Does anyone knows a good tutorial I could go through to create an empty RCP workbench application and include my model and the EMF Forms in the workbench editor?

Many thanks in advance.

Olaf
Re: How to include EMF Forms into the workbench editor [message #1814415 is a reply to message #1814333] Wed, 11 September 2019 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugen Neufeld is currently offline Eugen NeufeldFriend
Hi Olaf,

If I understand you correctly, then you want to have a custom RCP application which has a Project Explorer which allows to create new model instances. You also want to be able to open those models using emfforms?
For an RCP application which includes EMFForms you can look at the Make it happen example.
You would need to add the project explorer via the perspective and add a handler to open your view, or change your view to be an editor and connect it to a specific extension.

I don't think there is a complete example for this online.

Best,
Eugen

--
Eugen Neufeld

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: How to include EMF Forms into the workbench editor [message #1814434 is a reply to message #1814415] Wed, 11 September 2019 11:59 Go to previous message
Weser Linux is currently offline Weser LinuxFriend
Hi Eugen

Many thanks for your comment. I have a look at the example.

Cheers

Olaf
Previous Topic:Input validation in EMF Forms - How to compare two attributes
Next Topic:[EMF Facet] On the immediate future of the EMF Facet project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:07:00 GMT 2024