Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Problem while extracting the Eclipse Mars (During the extraction of the eclipse mars zip file, getting some error in the log file and unable to launch the Eclipse IDE)
Problem while extracting the Eclipse Mars [message #1814071] Tue, 03 September 2019 04:08 Go to next message
Aiswarya Karthik is currently offline Aiswarya KarthikFriend
Hello Eclipse Team,
I am first time user of Eclipse IDE. I am using Eclipse now to write java code for Test automation using selenium.
When i am trying to download the eclipse mars , during the extraction part of it, i am getting the below error (Could nt launch the eclipse Mars IDE).

This is the error that i am getting:
An error had occured. See the log file.
C:\Users\bkart\Desktop\Eclipse
-jee-mars-R-win32-x86_64(1)\eclipse\configuration\15674483539623.log.

Can you please assist me on the above issue to proceed launching the eclipse mars for the testautomation purposes.

Thank you so much team for helping me solving this issue.
Re: Problem while extracting the Eclipse Mars [message #1814088 is a reply to message #1814071] Tue, 03 September 2019 11:54 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Without seeing your log file, what can anyone say? The most common reason you can't launch is because you don't have an appropriate version of Java installed. Mars will not run on Java 9 or higher.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Can't create or find Java project
Next Topic:Plugin Installation Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:02:11 GMT 2024