Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » If Statement
If Statement [message #1811317] Fri, 30 August 2019 15:45 Go to next message
Keith Stramler is currently offline Keith StramlerFriend
Hello. I know this should be fairly easy, but I have been trying for hours to get this to work. I am trying to get a "If then else" statement to work and I don't think I am getting the correct syntax. In Eclipse for two columns, the data is either True or False or null. I want to display an X if the data is True otherwise display a null.

My code is:

if (dataSetRow["hhsDSHSBL"] = true)
dataSetRow["hhsDSHSBL"] = "X"
else
dataSetRow["hhsDSHSBL"] = " "

Right now, one column is false and the other is True. Using this code, in correlation with the column names, both display an X.

How can I get the this code to work correctly?

I would appreciate any help...this is very frustrating, especially since this should be a simple If statement.
Re: If Statement [message #1811319 is a reply to message #1811317] Fri, 30 August 2019 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It's not even clear (to me) what language you are using or which Eclipse tools is involved. Likely Google would help answer your question with a tiny bit of research on your part.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: If Statement [message #1814144 is a reply to message #1811319] Wed, 04 September 2019 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keith Stramler is currently offline Keith StramlerFriend
I apologize for waiting so long to get back to this. I had a family emergency.

I also apologize for not providing enough information. I am using Eclipse Neon.3 and java script. I have googled this looking for an answer. It is not as if I do not try to find an answer before coming to this forum for help. The basic answer I find is this:

if(x===true){
} else if(x===false){
} else {
}

I have tried using this syntax multiple times tweaking little things and either I can get both columns to be null or both columns to be X or nothing that I want displayed in the table returns, including all the other columns.

As I said earlier, this should be a simple thing, but not understanding java script very well, this has proven to be quite frustrating.

I would appreciate any help and if more information is needed please let me know.
Re: If Statement [message #1814149 is a reply to message #1814144] Wed, 04 September 2019 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
The question is actually off-topic for Eclipse, as it handles the Javascript language.

I googled for 'javascript tutorial' and got over 300 million responses, the first of which were pretty good.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: If Statement [message #1814151 is a reply to message #1814149] Wed, 04 September 2019 19:10 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

A single '=' assigns a value instead of doing a comparison as you've intended.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Guide/Expressions_and_Operators

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Adding Column
Next Topic:SWTBOt : Extrenal RCP application got launched but crashed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:01:46 GMT 2024