Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » Input validation in EMF Forms - How to compare two attributes
Input validation in EMF Forms - How to compare two attributes [message #1811299] Fri, 30 August 2019 09:20 Go to next message
Weser Linux is currently offline Weser LinuxFriend
Hi All

When it comes to input validation in EMF Forms I quickly find the email string example in the net. What I'm looking for is an example on how and where to compare two integer attributes. For example, a user sets the input into the forms of the viewmodel and I want to check whether the integer of attribute attMin smaller than the integer of attribute attMax

attMin < attMax

Can anyone help here ?

Many thanks

Olaf
Re: Input validation in EMF Forms - How to compare two attributes [message #1814039 is a reply to message #1811299] Mon, 02 September 2019 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugen Neufeld is currently offline Eugen NeufeldFriend
Hi Olaf,

you would need a custom validation for this.
You can find an example on how to create one here: https://eclipsesource.com/blogs/tutorials/tutorialshow-to-customize-the-emf-client-platform/#validation

Best,
Eugen

--
Eugen Neufeld

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: Input validation in EMF Forms - How to compare two attributes [message #1814091 is a reply to message #1814039] Tue, 03 September 2019 12:36 Go to previous message
Weser Linux is currently offline Weser LinuxFriend
Hi Eugen

Good support. Many thanks.

This was exactly what I was looking for. Interestingly, the default code snippets provided by Eclipse did not work properly and did not change the EMF Forms to the error color (RED). But the example given with this link was working better.

Thanks a lot again

Olaf
Previous Topic:Modeling Symposium @ EclipseCon Europe 2019
Next Topic:How to include EMF Forms into the workbench editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:14:31 GMT 2024