Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » [ObeoDesigner] NodeCreation problem for elements that are contained inside other
[ObeoDesigner] NodeCreation problem for elements that are contained inside other [message #1811193] Wed, 28 August 2019 13:43 Go to next message
Dominik Maliszewski is currently offline Dominik MaliszewskiFriend
Hello,
I'm using Obeo Designer to create metamodel for adventure game. I've designed that Game will consist of Locations, which in turn consists of other elements like Items and Characters. I'm trying to create a palette for edition tools like creating nodes. I did create Location creation, but can't get Item creation to work (maybe because it is connected to the Location not Game).
I thought that maybe as the Browse Expression for the change Context action I should reference Location that I want this Item to be inserted into but I don't know how to do it. I'm attaching screenshot of metamodel (maybe there is a critical error in it I'm not aware of).
Thank you for help in advance :)
index.php/fa/36180/0/
  • Attachment: GameModel.PNG
    (Size: 46.59KB, Downloaded 210 times)
Re: [ObeoDesigner] NodeCreation problem for elements that are contained inside other [message #1811239 is a reply to message #1811193] Thu, 29 August 2019 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julien Dupont is currently offline Julien DupontFriend
Hello Dominik,

Could you attach to this ticket your example.
It will be easier to help you.

Thank you.

Regards,
Re: [ObeoDesigner] NodeCreation problem for elements that are contained inside other [message #1811244 is a reply to message #1811239] Thu, 29 August 2019 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you mean screenshot of model or whole project attached?
In case of model it looks like this:
index.php/fa/36188/0/

So there are Locations connected to each other with relation next/previous and inside location there are some Items or Characters.
I've created Location Node creation tool, but I can't get Item element to work. I think it is because of the "Reference Name" field in Create new instance action. For Location it was "location" since its the name of relation between Game and Location, but for Item I am not sure what should I put there.

Thank you for help.
  • Attachment: model.PNG
    (Size: 117.81KB, Downloaded 196 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 29 August 2019 10:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [ObeoDesigner] NodeCreation problem for elements that are contained inside other [message #1811250 is a reply to message #1811244] Thu, 29 August 2019 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All projects (metamodel, .edit, .editor, .odesign and samples) are easier to understand why it doesn't work for you.
I think you have an error in the Odesign file but I'm not sure.
With a use case I can see where is the problem.
Thanks.

Regards,
Re: [ObeoDesigner] NodeCreation problem for elements that are contained inside other [message #1811251 is a reply to message #1811250] Thu, 29 August 2019 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok sure I'm attaching project and runtime example.
workspace2 includes edit, metamodel, design
runtime-EclipseApplication includes example (called My1.neawe)
In advance sorry for quality of this solution - I was experimenting a lot and didnt organize it properly I'm afraid.

Thanks for help

[Updated on: Thu, 29 August 2019 13:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [ObeoDesigner] NodeCreation problem for elements that are contained inside other [message #1814095 is a reply to message #1811251] Tue, 03 September 2019 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Dominik,

You have to use the Extra Mapping field in the Advanced tab.
In the Extra Mapping field put the LocationNode to force Sirius to create a new Item only by clicking on the Location.
If you click on the diagram it doesn't work, because an item could not be create on a Game object but only a Location object.

Regards,
Re: [ObeoDesigner] NodeCreation problem for elements that are contained inside other [message #1814468 is a reply to message #1814095] Wed, 11 September 2019 21:15 Go to previous message
Hello, sorry for the delay.
Your solution worked perfectly. Thank you very much :)
Regards,
Dominik
Previous Topic:Basic shapes without blue gradient?
Next Topic:Representation creation on initialization crashes Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:04:30 GMT 2024