Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Sequence diagrams: guided selection of operations?
Sequence diagrams: guided selection of operations? [message #1811153] Tue, 27 August 2019 17:27 Go to next message
Olivier Cailloux is currently offline Olivier CaillouxFriend
Dear Forum,

I see on several (old) videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qHctzrUl3I, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9DUHOr_ANA) that it seems (or used to be?) possible to let Papyrus help me choose an operation among the ones that make sense, when I create a message from an instance to another instance in a sequence diagram.

But when I create a Sequence diagram using Papyrus 2019-06 (4.12) and add a message between two instances, nothing happens, contrary to the video showing a dialog opening for selecting an operation; and when I afterwards use the Signature property in the newly created message, it lets me choose any operation, even among those that are not applicable to the instance receiving the message.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is it a feature that is known to not work in the current version?

Related question: if, before I create the message, I add an Action Execution Specification, and inside it, describe the action as being a certain operation call, can I make this automatically appear on the diagram? Currently I have to then manually add a message and specify again that the message is that same operation call, and nothing prevents me from making it a different operation call.

Thanks.

[Updated on: Fri, 30 August 2019 09:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Sequence diagrams: guided selection of operations? [message #1814009 is a reply to message #1811153] Sun, 01 September 2019 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ri Fr is currently offline Ri FrFriend
BUMP because I have the same question. The current implementation offers a list of recent choices but preview of all operations in the participant was better (in earlier versions, 3.x if I remember correctly)
Re: Sequence diagrams: guided selection of operations? [message #1814505 is a reply to message #1814009] Thu, 12 September 2019 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel Greenyer is currently offline Joel GreenyerFriend
BUMP,
just wanted to ask the same thing...
Re: Sequence diagrams: guided selection of operations? [message #1814649 is a reply to message #1814505] Mon, 16 September 2019 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ri Fr is currently offline Ri FrFriend
BUMP it's awfully quiet here....
Re: Sequence diagrams: guided selection of operations? [message #1814678 is a reply to message #1814649] Mon, 16 September 2019 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend

____  _    _ __  __ _____    _ 
 |  _ \| |  | |  \/  |  __ \  | |
 | |_) | |  | | \  / | |__) | | |
 |  _ <| |  | | |\/| |  ___/  | |
 | |_) | |__| | |  | | |      |_|
 |____/ \____/|_|  |_|_|      (_)

@Richard
Better ?

Re: Sequence diagrams: guided selection of operations? [message #1815733 is a reply to message #1814678] Wed, 09 October 2019 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel Greenyer is currently offline Joel GreenyerFriend
still no reaction?
Re: Sequence diagrams: guided selection of operations? [message #1818858 is a reply to message #1811153] Mon, 30 December 2019 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olivier Cailloux is currently offline Olivier CaillouxFriend
This message provides a hint: "We are working in a fork of the sequence diagrams, trying to fix many of the issues the current implementation has today". It looks like they are still active, the last commit is dated October 2019. But I ignore why their code is not being merged to Papyrus (there has been more Papyrus releases since the start of the patching project).

This thread is (I think) the most viewed one of 2019 in this forum. If a developer comes around, it would be nice to say a word... (I just suggested this here.)

[Updated on: Mon, 30 December 2019 18:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Sequence diagrams: guided selection of operations? [message #1819072 is a reply to message #1818858] Tue, 07 January 2020 09:09 Go to previous message
Qiran Cong is currently offline Qiran CongFriend
I tried a whole day thought could be my fault ....
Previous Topic:Requirements import - Sysml 1.6
Next Topic:Change default values (specification) for enum literals automatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:30:47 GMT 2024