Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Problem with eclipse 2019 ide latest update(After installing the latest update my life has become hell)
Problem with eclipse 2019 ide latest update [message #1811013] Fri, 23 August 2019 16:41 Go to next message
Harsh Gupta is currently offline Harsh GuptaFriend

I was happily using eclipse 2019 and ignoring all the update notifications for a long time, although there was a little instability in ide but it didn't bother me but unfortunately today I don't know what came over me and I decided to install this latest update.

Since the time I've installed that update, I have not been able to run my test automation project to now, it's giving a million errors in testng and even while closing the IDE it's not saving the workspace.

Now I've tried all suggestions given in different websites like stack overflow and github but still getting the same error, moreover, unable to import my existing projects and make them run. I'm forced to manually add all files and the code inside it, which I even did, and got the same issue again.

Now even if I try to restore to previous update, I still get the same error.

I stand in a doomed situation, I need to get this project working otherwise I'm done for.
Re: Problem with eclipse 2019 ide latest update [message #1811024 is a reply to message #1811013] Fri, 23 August 2019 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

You haven't told us what the errors or error messages are, but are you sure testng supports the newer versions correctly?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Fri, 23 August 2019 18:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with eclipse 2019 ide latest update [message #1811028 is a reply to message #1811024] Sat, 24 August 2019 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi sir,

Thank you for your response,

Let me share all the error logs:

Following are the error logs particular to testng

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jdt.ui 4 10001 2019-08-23 21:23:10.327
!MESSAGE Null entry in container 'org.testng.TESTNG_CONTAINER'

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 2 2019-08-23 21:24:27.430
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.core.resources".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.ClassPathContainer.getChildren(ClassPathContainer.java:202)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.navigator.NonEssentialEmptyLibraryContainerFilter.doSelect(NonEssentialEmptyLibraryContainerFilter.java:36)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.navigator.NonEssentialElementsFilter.select(NonEssentialElementsFilter.java:75)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ViewerFilter.filter(ViewerFilter.java:59)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.getFilteredChildren(StructuredViewer.java:907)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.getSortedChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:621)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.updateChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:2663)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.internalRefreshStruct(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1953)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.internalRefreshStruct(TreeViewer.java:677)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.internalRefresh(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1929)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.internalRefresh(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1886)
at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.CommonViewer.internalRefresh(CommonViewer.java:532)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.lambda$3(StructuredViewer.java:1533)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.preservingSelection(StructuredViewer.java:1449)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.preservingSelection(TreeViewer.java:363)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.preservingSelection(StructuredViewer.java:1410)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.refresh(StructuredViewer.java:1533)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ColumnViewer.refresh(ColumnViewer.java:538)
at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.CommonViewer.refresh(CommonViewer.java:349)
at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.CommonViewer.refresh(CommonViewer.java:495)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.navigator.resources.workbench.ResourceExtensionContentProvider.lambda$2(ResourceExtensionContentProvider.java:305)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.navigator.resources.workbench.ResourceExtensionContentProvider.runUpdates(ResourceExtensionContentProvider.java:314)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.navigator.resources.workbench.ResourceExtensionContentProvider.processDelta(ResourceExtensionContentProvider.java:133)
at org.eclipse.ui.model.WorkbenchContentProvider.resourceChanged(WorkbenchContentProvider.java:103)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager$1.run(NotificationManager.java:300)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:45)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.notify(NotificationManager.java:290)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.broadcastChanges(NotificationManager.java:153)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.broadcastPostChange(Workspace.java:379)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.checkpoint(Workspace.java:565)
at org.eclipse.ltk.core.refactoring.PerformChangeOperation$1.run(PerformChangeOperation.java:265)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2292)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2319)
at org.eclipse.ltk.core.refactoring.PerformChangeOperation.executeChange(PerformChangeOperation.java:308)
at org.eclipse.ltk.core.refactoring.PerformChangeOperation.run(PerformChangeOperation.java:224)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.wizards.buildpaths.ClasspathFixSelectionDialog$2.run(ClasspathFixSelectionDialog.java:114)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:440)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:356)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.lambda$3(WorkbenchWindow.java:2254)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:72)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.run(WorkbenchWindow.java:2252)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.wizards.buildpaths.ClasspathFixSelectionDialog.openClasspathFixSelectionDialog(ClasspathFixSelectionDialog.java:101)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.correction.ReorgCorrectionsSubProcessor$ClasspathFixCorrectionProposal.apply(ReorgCorrectionsSubProcessor.java:265)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.java.hover.AbstractAnnotationHover$AnnotationInformationControl.apply(AbstractAnnotationHover.java:566)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.java.hover.AbstractAnnotationHover$AnnotationInformationControl.access$2(AbstractAnnotationHover.java:543)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.java.hover.AbstractAnnotationHover$AnnotationInformationControl$5.widgetSelected(AbstractAnnotationHover.java:537)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:252)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4145)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1055)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendSelectionEvent(Widget.java:1096)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Link.WM_LBUTTONUP(Link.java:1014)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:4805)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:4784)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessageW(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessage(OS.java:2309)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3559)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1173)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:339)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1062)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:156)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:628)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:339)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:563)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:151)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:155)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:199)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:391)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:246)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:659)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:595)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1501)

Following are the logs of errors occurred during save operations

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.ide 4 4 2019-08-23 21:29:24.713
!MESSAGE Problems saving workspace

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.ide 2 1 2019-08-23 21:29:24.723
!MESSAGE Problems occurred while trying to save the state of the workbench.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.resources 2 566 2019-08-23 21:29:24.723
!MESSAGE Problems occurred during save.
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.util.HashtableOfObjectToInt.get(HashtableOfObjectToInt.java:75)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelManager$VariablesAndContainersSaveHelper.saveNewId(JavaModelManager.java:4612)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelManager$VariablesAndContainersSaveHelper.saveClasspathEntry(JavaModelManager.java:4566)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelManager$VariablesAndContainersSaveHelper.saveClasspathEntries(JavaModelManager.java:4561)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelManager$VariablesAndContainersSaveHelper.saveContainers(JavaModelManager.java:4603)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelManager$VariablesAndContainersSaveHelper.saveProjects(JavaModelManager.java:4667)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelManager$VariablesAndContainersSaveHelper.save(JavaModelManager.java:4508)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelManager.saveVariablesAndContainers(JavaModelManager.java:4479)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelManager.saving(JavaModelManager.java:4711)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.executeLifecycle(SaveManager.java:384)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager$1.run(SaveManager.java:201)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:45)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.broadcastLifecycle(SaveManager.java:204)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.save(SaveManager.java:1169)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.save(Workspace.java:2335)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEWorkbenchAdvisor$5.run(IDEWorkbenchAdvisor.java:529)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
!SESSION 2019-08-23 21:29:30.207 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=4.9.0.I20180906-0745
java.version=1.8.0_181
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product

Please also see the attached error logs file, it contains all the errors. When I import the projects from default workspace, all projects throw NullPointerException

NOTE: There is 1 correction, I am using Eclipse 2018-09
Re: Problem with eclipse 2019 ide latest update [message #1811032 is a reply to message #1811028] Sat, 24 August 2019 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The "!MESSAGE Null entry in container 'org.testng.TESTNG_CONTAINER'" really makes me think there's a problem with TestNG's plug-in (the kind where they maybe didn't fully comply with an interface). If they don't have an update available, you could try creating a new workspace and seeing that works any better.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Re: Problem with eclipse 2019 ide latest update [message #1811038 is a reply to message #1811032] Sun, 25 August 2019 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

I have found another workaround for the problem however, I really hope for a more stable version of eclipse without facing such issues
Re: Problem with eclipse 2019 ide latest update [message #1811072 is a reply to message #1811038] Mon, 26 August 2019 13:36 Go to previous message

Newer versions of Eclipse will log "Invalid classpath container implementation: getClasspathEntries() returns null." because it is the TestNG plug-in that is doing the wrong thing.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai

[Updated on: Mon, 26 August 2019 13:37]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Eclipse with Oxygen 3
Next Topic: Eclipse project samples ready
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:10:19 GMT 2024