Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » I am new to eclipse Help(Made a big mistake and deleted a file )
I am new to eclipse Help [message #1810945] Thu, 22 August 2019 13:15 Go to next message
Jose Jaureguizar is currently offline Jose JaureguizarFriend
I deleted a file and when I try to create the same file again I got a message indicating
Project mane already exits. I don t have the file however I am trying to use the same file name any suggestions.
I am new to this.
I am working on a Mac,
Thank you in advance
Re: I am new to eclipse Help [message #1810954 is a reply to message #1810945] Thu, 22 August 2019 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
When you delete a project it asks you if you want to delete the underlying resource in the file system. I sounds like you opted not to do that. If you then try to create new project with that same name, it will notice that you would overwrite the existing folder in the file system.

If you really want to delete that folder, look in your <workspace> folder and delete that folder using the "file system explorer" or whatever it's called on the Mac.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: I am new to eclipse Help [message #1810956 is a reply to message #1810954] Thu, 22 August 2019 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jose Jaureguizar is currently offline Jose JaureguizarFriend
Ed
Thank you fir your help. It is really appreciate.
When deleting the file I did opted to delete the source, and I also deleted the file from my workspace in the Mac; however it seems that the program itself has some kind of memory.
When search under java projects it gives me a 0 reference in workspace
If I go to "File" ---"New" ----"Java Project"
and used the old file name it generates a message that reads "A project with this name already exists "
I am using JRE "JavaSE-12"
Thank you for your help
Re: I am new to eclipse Help [message #1810965 is a reply to message #1810956] Thu, 22 August 2019 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
What can I say? If it says the project exists then somewhere it thinks that it exists, and I'm quite sure that is generally in the file system. Did you actually look in the file system at the workspace folder?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: I am new to eclipse Help [message #1810975 is a reply to message #1810965] Thu, 22 August 2019 21:28 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

If you still had it open somewhere else, it'll still be on disk until that file handle is closed there.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:AMP/AMF counterpart for DES (Discrete-Event Simulation) models
Next Topic:2019 Silent install
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 22:10:56 GMT 2024