Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Multiple IDE instances(crashing with 2 instances running)
Multiple IDE instances [message #1810909] Wed, 21 August 2019 17:00 Go to next message
Jesse Lind is currently offline Jesse LindFriend
Hello. I am attempting to get two separate IDE instances running, in two separate workspaces. I am going to 'Window' --> 'New Window' and then switching the new window to a separate workspace. However, once I switch to a second workspace, IDE crashes and restarts. Once it restarts, both windows open, but they are the same workspace instead of the two separate workspaces I need running. Any thoughts on why this is occurring? Is this likely a system resources issue or something else? I am running Windows 10 Pro (on a virtual machine). I only have 8GB of memory but system resources doesn't indicate I am using all of it when I attempt to open the second instance.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Multiple IDE instances [message #1810935 is a reply to message #1810909] Thu, 22 August 2019 09:39 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
You can't make one Eclipse process work with two different workspaces; it's just not possible. You should launch two different Eclipse processes and open a different workspace in each; one workspace can't be used by two different Eclipse processes either.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Overriding New Wizard Tag label
Next Topic:Scout Explorer and setting up a connection to MySQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:23:52 GMT 2024