Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Method references(How to get method references using AST framework)
Method references [message #1810811] Tue, 20 August 2019 06:38 Go to next message
susilkumar sahoo is currently offline susilkumar sahooFriend
Hello Sir

Yesterday I had posted a message regarding how to get the method references using ast. But till now I have not got any response.Could you please help me getting the things done. Actually in my application am taking a single file and making compilation unit out of that and doing some changes.
When am trying to get the parent the last am getting is package. But am not getting the Iproject. I want to get the method call references means where ever the method is invoked that class and line and column no. Could you please help me getting this. I tried to do with workspace. But again its hectic as I dont want to open another workspace instance and within the same instance I want to get from the compilation unit. Please help me getting the info. How the call hierarchy works in eclipse like that.

Thanks
susil kumar sahoo
Re: Method references [message #1811073 is a reply to message #1810811] Mon, 26 August 2019 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

I'm not sure where you posted that message, but if the Call Hierarchy is already doing what you want, look at its sources and see how it's accomplishing that.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Method references [message #1811168 is a reply to message #1810811] Wed, 28 August 2019 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manoj N Palat is currently offline Manoj N PalatFriend
Please post the problematic code.

Manoj N Palat
Eclipse Java Development Tools (JDT).
Re: Method references [message #1811169 is a reply to message #1811168] Wed, 28 August 2019 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Sir . actually am doing something in my application using ast. So how can i get the method references using that AST. I mean suppose I have one method m1() in Employee class and the same method might have been invoked from student and address class also. so how can i get the method reference where it has been invoked. means which class and line no and column no.
Re: Method references [message #1811171 is a reply to message #1811168] Wed, 28 August 2019 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Manoj

I dont have the problematic code. Am gonna develop something by using this method reference. So just wanted to know how can i get the method references across the project using AST. How eclipse is using the method references to get the call hierarchy or doing some changes where ever its used. I need that internal mechanism. can u please help me getting this.

Thanks
susil
Re: Method references [message #1811245 is a reply to message #1810811] Thu, 29 August 2019 10:55 Go to previous message
Anyone please help me resolving the issue. some may be getting confused.
I just need the internal mechanism how eclipse is getting the call hierarchy or doing some works related to reference. I just want to know the internal mechanism how can i get the reference of method by using ast framework.

Thanks
susil
Previous Topic:Continue debugging from failed break-point in eclipse
Next Topic:ToolTip on Table cells, Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:17:44 GMT 2024