Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Set focus when open new dialog or wizard(Set focus when open new dialog or wizard)
Set focus when open new dialog or wizard [message #1810575] Tue, 13 August 2019 15:43 Go to next message
Nico Jansen is currently offline Nico JansenFriend
Hello,

I have a very specific question concerning the "Open Dialog" or "Open Wizard" functionality in sirius.

I know how to model those things (add groups, pages etc.) and the dialog/wizard also behaves as expected. Now, I want to automatically set the "focus" of the dialog/wizard to a specific element, when opening it.

For instance, assume I have a text field in my dialog/wizard that specfies the name of an object. I want to configure my dialog/wizard in such a way that the cursor is directly in the text field. So the user does not have to first select the text field to edit it.

Is there a way to do that in sirius?

Best regards,
Nico
Re: Set focus when open new dialog or wizard [message #1810630 is a reply to message #1810575] Wed, 14 August 2019 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre Guilet is currently offline Pierre GuiletFriend
Hi,

The only solution I see is to make your own custom widgets extending the default one and where you do what you want in the control creation. You should be able to do these kind of things there.

Regards,

Pierre Guilet - Obeo
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Set focus when open new dialog or wizard [message #1810660 is a reply to message #1810630] Thu, 15 August 2019 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Pierre,

thank you for your response. That's unfortunate. Then I will go for the custom implementation.

Best regards,
Nico

PS: Sorry, I am new to this forum. Do I have to close the topic somewhere? :)
Re: Set focus when open new dialog or wizard [message #1810665 is a reply to message #1810660] Thu, 15 August 2019 14:00 Go to previous message
Hello community,

for all that are also interested in this topic, I found a kind of workaround that was at least suitable for me. In a wizard, by default, the first element is always "selected". Unfortunately, this first element is always the "toggle button" of the tree. So if you define a corresponding group style that disables this (Toggle Style = NONE) then the first element is actually the first element of the group (the text field in my case). So with this configuration, the focus is set correctly.

Maybe this helps others with similar problems.

Best regards,
Nico
Previous Topic:Validating Diagrams
Next Topic:EObjectQuery on external ressource
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:54:40 GMT 2024