Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Auto create driver instance, assets and channels(Configure driver instance, assets and channels from code)
Auto create driver instance, assets and channels [message #1810476] Mon, 12 August 2019 14:58 Go to next message
Naceur Rayen SADDEM is currently offline Naceur Rayen SADDEMFriend
Hi everyone,

I've just started learning Kura and OSGI. I developed a new driver that extends Driver and ConfigurableComponent. Now, I'm trying to automatically create a driver instance, assets and channels without using the Web UI.

I looked into "Assets REST APIs" but it only provides Get methods for Assets and Channels. I tried to see how it is done by the Web UI but I got lost in code. In the Eclipse Kura Documentation, it always refers to the Web UI.

I'm trying to find something like "setAssets(List<Asset>)" and "setChannels(List<Channel>)".

Can you please point me to right direction?

Thank you for any help.
Re: Auto create driver instance, assets and channels [message #1810490 is a reply to message #1810476] Mon, 12 August 2019 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi,
we usually do that using the ConfigurationService. Here the reference to the method that can be used: https://github.com/eclipse/kura/blob/develop/kura/org.eclipse.kura.api/src/main/java/org/eclipse/kura/configuration/ConfigurationService.java#L139

I believe you can find many references to this method here and there in the code.

Best regards,
Matteo
Re: Auto create driver instance, assets and channels [message #1810898 is a reply to message #1810490] Wed, 21 August 2019 12:59 Go to previous message
Naceur Rayen SADDEM is currently offline Naceur Rayen SADDEMFriend
Hi Matteo,

Thank you for your response. It was really helpful :-)

Best regards.
Previous Topic:Db operation failed
Next Topic:Problem using KURA Client to connect to AWS IoT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:31:14 GMT 2024