Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Log during state machine C++ code execution
Log during state machine C++ code execution [message #1810235] Mon, 05 August 2019 14:51 Go to next message
Yoann Farré is currently offline Yoann FarréFriend
Hello,

I'm looking for a way to follow the execution of state machines during C++ code execution. I would know if there is any tool to help to do that in Papyrus and Papyrus software designer.
The state machine monitoring enables to follow the execution of a state machine visually but I would something more formal.

The ideal way could be to extend the state machine monitoring by adding a side tool to log the state machine execution trace in a file.

Is there any tool which can match this need (more or less)?

Thanks to Papyrus team.

Regards.

Yoann.
Re: Log during state machine C++ code execution [message #1810411 is a reply to message #1810235] Fri, 09 August 2019 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Hi Yoann,

we once did some work to have trace support for LTTng, but this work has not been maintained and is unlikely to work. The tracing was not specifically for state-machines, but a general instrumentation mechanism. For your purpose, it would probably be useful to add a specific state-machine instrumentation, but also use LTTng to benefit from the Eclipse-based tooling as well as from a simple Papyrus integration (clicking on a trace event enables navigation to the associated model event).

Ansgar
Re: Log during state machine C++ code execution [message #1810446 is a reply to message #1810411] Mon, 12 August 2019 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ansgar,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't know this tracing framework. but from what I read, we could use it, and as you suggest, add a specific support to monitore state machine execution.

Is this previous work regarding LTTng instrumentation available on a git repository?

Yoann.

Re: Log during state machine C++ code execution [message #1816748 is a reply to message #1810446] Wed, 06 November 2019 09:42 Go to previous message
Hello,

Is there any link to the previsous work for trace suuport (LTTng)? I'm really interested by a such feature.

Regards.

Yoann
Previous Topic:Automatic stereotype application
Next Topic:Empty uml file after several delete/re-add of elements in a sequence diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:43:30 GMT 2024